How many chanels are too many?

Girlnyc76

Girlnyc76
O.G.
Dec 25, 2006
New York NY
I'm wondering when is it too much of a good thing? I have at least 20 or more Chanel's. I can't stop buying more. I have other designer bags such as balenciaga miu miu Celine but I always go back to Chanel .. I want to buy a Hermes Birkin and Kelly but the price has kept me away. . Am I crazy to keep buying more? Am I the only one who has a major addiction?

LVDragon07

Trevor
May 18, 2011
Blaine County
I'm wondering when is it too much of a good thing? I have at least 20 or more Chanel's. I can't stop buying more. I have other designer bags such as balenciaga miu miu Celine but I always go back to Chanel .. I want to buy a Hermes Birkin and Kelly but the price has kept me away. . Am I crazy to keep buying more? Am I the only one who has a major addiction?
Nah your not alone. It's real easy to keep buying something you love :P
I can't seem to buy other designer bags besides Chanel. I'm hooked.
I always glance to the orange aide and my bf has offered many times to get me a Birkin but I tell him no thanks and very appreciative and greatful of him. So I just stay on the side of buying Chanel :biggrin:
One day I will pull the Birkin trigger just not yet.
Chanel's colored flaps has a hold on me, for now :lol:
Just like the gorgeous rainbow, I am trying to catch all colors :P

Girlnyc76

Girlnyc76
O.G.
Dec 25, 2006
New York NY
I have some colored and of course I want them all but I have 12 black out of the 21 or 22 i have... But to me gold and silver make it do different ... I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Everyone In my life think I'm crazy

deedeedor

Dec 3, 2011
U are not alone! We are on the same boat! Chanel is just so lovely and addictive. I just can't seem to develope the same love for Hermes.....don't know why.

m8875

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Haha it's not too many until you have 2 copies of every single bag released LOL just kidding :smile:

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
Aug 27, 2011
Perth, Western Australia

no chanel is enough.... just be sure that you have enough to pay your bills and such and you will be fine... at least if you have a mortgage, focus on that and then splurge on chanel if you have the spare $$$

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
It's too many when you know you won't wear them all. As long as you have a versatile collection that works for your lifestyle and budget, I don't think you can set a number. I find that when I get to around 12, I need to start selling if I want to buy another. Otherwise, it just gets to a point where I know I won't use what I have.

sassification

addicted to chanel <3
O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
land of chanel
i think 10 is a good number - to have it in all sizes that will cater to your everyday needs.. other than that, it is just an expensive hobby to me personally.. but it is hard to stay rationale of course..! haha

i'm on my 3rd or 4th chanel.. but i do sell before i buy.. at least those that i know are toublesome to carry and i dont get much use out of them!

OlgaMUA

Style is Eternal
May 18, 2008
Little Rhody
www.makeupandimage.com
it's too many if other areas of your life are suffering.. as in, you struggle to pay your bills every month, have debt, or are not saving for retirement.

But if you're all set with the above and can easily afford them and love them and use them, why not? enjoy!

smiley

O.G.
May 20, 2006
I have some colored and of course I want them all but I have 12 black out of the 21 or 22 i have... But to me gold and silver make it do different ... I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Everyone In my life think I'm crazy

LOL, your a good kind of "crazy". If you love them and can afford them, enjoy!

chicNclassy

Apr 30, 2011
LA
There is no such thing as too many Chanels! LOL. But if you have 20+, maybe you can start saving up for a Birkin! Afterall, a Birkin is like the ultimate bag for many people (myself included). Or if you feel like you aren't using some of your Chanels as much, you can try selling them and using that money to put towards the Birkin! At least that is what I would do.

Girlnyc76

Girlnyc76
O.G.
Dec 25, 2006
New York NY
I can definitely part with maybe 3 of them but then I always feel I may regret it if I do but then again worth it to sell and buy a Birkin. I know nothing about birkins and it makes me nervous ... Is it really a several year waiting list? I have sold Chanel in the past but then always regret it. I am seriously addicted to buying bags and shoes but really only Chanel bags make me happy.. Of course everyone else thinks I'm crazy lol