How many Chanel bags did you see today?

Just mine today. In the whole 5 years I have lived out here I have seen only one other authentic Chanel. It was a few weeks back in a neighbouring town. A girl of about 18 was carrying a a classic jumbo with ghw. It had the large cc's. She heard me whisper the word 'jumbo' to my mum and she turned around. I flashed her my bag and we both smiled at each other in a knowing way. It was sweet.

That's really cute!:smile:

I live in LA so when I go out for brunches/lunches, I see some Chanels on display. Most I have ever seen was 2 (not including myself).

Today I saw one black caviar M/L flap with SHW. Basic, but classic! :smile: I wanted to smile at her as a compliment, but as soon as she saw me checking out her back, she gave me this mean, snobby look and shifted her bag to her other shoulder to block my view (I wasn't carrying my Chanel. Just walked out with a cellphone and money stuffed in my jeans). :sad: I wish all Chanel owners were as nice as TPFers. :|

I live in LA so when I go out for brunches/lunches, I see some Chanels on display. Most I have ever seen was 2 (not including myself).

Today I saw one black caviar M/L flap with SHW. Basic, but classic! :smile: I wanted to smile at her as a compliment, but as soon as she saw me checking out her back, she gave me this mean, snobby look and shifted her bag to her other shoulder to block my view (I wasn't carrying my Chanel. Just walked out with a cellphone and money stuffed in my jeans). :sad: I wish all Chanel owners were as nice as TPFers. :|

:O I hate people who are snobby :sad: That happened to me too once.... I was looking at this girls bag on the bus, (I couldn't figure out if it was real or fake but something didnt look right.. quilts, CCs etc, we got off and walked towards a shop I held the door open for her and she caught me looking at her bag again but The girl didnt realise her Chanel was fake I wanted to tell her since she gave me a dirty and was really snobby didn't say thank you or anything just brushed past me.. but then I thought maybe she thought I was trying to steal it? :P

I saw a few in Sydney today to my surprise, A black ghw GST, a Black timeless cc tote, a wallet, a black bubble quilt tote, a black bubble not so quilted tote(:P), a black mens messenger (maybe it was a ladys I dont know but a guy was wearing it), a black l-flap wallet... Everything was black and no flaps :O

I see Chanels every weekday because I work in the same building as the HQ in Sydney. Ballet flats, CJs, flaps, cerf tote, all types of Chanel fragrances etc. I was told the lobby's renovation was heavily influenced by Chanel (black and white) too!

It could have been a fake and the owner was only avoiding expert eyes.:cool::biggrin:

Last edited:
I live in Japan. If I go to the nearest major city (25 minutes away), I think I would see at least one hundred Chanel's in about 2 hours. I just notice them when I am walking around, or on the train etc. That would be bags, that is. Next time I go there, I'll sit near the train station & time how long it actually takes me to see 100!

Always see a couple working in the City (London, UK), most I would say passes a glancing look but I'd imagine some of those are fakes.

Outside of the City you dont see many Chanel and even less that look genuine, LV are much more common but 99% are monogram canvas which I am not very keen on irrespective if genuine or fake