How many CARDS do you carry in a daily basis?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
In the age of loyalty cards and rewards cards, credit , debit , store cards , membership cards etc etc etc. My goodness there are so many cards for everything these days. I am curious as to how manny people leave with a full wallet with 20 something plus cards vs someone who can leave with a wallet of 3 cards. How do you do it?

I have all my loyalty cards on a app in my iPhone. Even with those 20 cards off my person and into my phone I will babe insurance - license - debit - etc.

I had one person tell me not to carry all my cards in one large wallet in case or got lost or stolen. Then I worry about forgetting a bj card if I go shopping.

So how do you do it? Are you a carry all card person or a leave the house with barely id, and 2 cards?

And if you leave with minimum then what top cards do you have on you at all times?

I'm also amazed by people who can carry just the main cards they need - I have a separate wristlet that I put all my loyalty cards, club memberships, etc in and if I leave home without it, I ALWAYS without fail need one of them.

I have 19 cards in my wallet right now including my drivers license but I have a thin card holder in my wallet so if I don't want to bring my wallet I just put my license and debit card in the card holder and bring it with me.

I carry 20+ cards in mine, simply because I'm lazy and can never be bothered swapping them round but also because I'm scared that I'll forget something. Saying that, I never feel overstuffed as long as I clean out the receipts regularly, I have 12 card slots but also two kind of long pockets that I put the extra, less important ones in. I always think that at least they're there if need be.

My OH on the other hand, consistently only takes 3 cards in his phone cover and has a separate card wallet (that doesn't make that many appearances out of the house) but honestly forgets something ALL the time. I guess that's partly where my fear comes from.

I usually have to carry 2 bags for work, so always carry one debit card separated with my train card and phone. You never know :shrugs:

More importantly, don't carry your keys with anything that states your address.

Too many! I started out carrying 4 or 5 when I got my LV ZCP (four card slots) about five years ago and I'm up to three in each slot now. I tried putting the loyalty ones in a key pouch but then I had to juggle two wallets every time I paid for something. I have another 7 or 8 cards that I only carry when I need them (for stores I don't go to often) and have refused cards in some places because I just don't want to carry around any more of them.

I carry all my cards with me 98% of the time. And there are around 24 of them. When I travel, as in leave the country, I take just my ID, health insurance card, credit and debit cards plus any loyal customer cards I might need (f.e. Finnair card if I'm flying).
I'd love to have a smaller wallet...right now I have a floral print coated canvas Cath Kidston wallet that's a bit bulky but I wanted a change from my Lumi Sylvi trifold which is really sleek and slim even when I stuff it with all my cards.

Wallet has insurance cards (all thin so not a biggie), driver's license, debit card, credit card, membership card, starbucks card, work key card.

For the stamp/membership cards I keep them in a business card case. I just pull them out and move them to my wallet in the car before I go to the restaurant or store. Then put them back when I'm done. I don't want all those rewards cards in my wallet at all times since I don't need them on me at all times.

I'm also amazed by people who can carry just the main cards they need - I have a separate wristlet that I put all my loyalty cards, club memberships, etc in and if I leave home without it, I ALWAYS without fail need one of them.

I seem to have the same issue. Or I end up at a store I was not planning on and then I need them! Looks like the range is 4/5 - 20 something. I counted mine and am at 24. This includes great adventure season passes and museum membership too. Lots of places won't accept a digital version.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I keep all my loyalty/reward card info in my CardStar app, or I'd need a wallet with, like, 30 card slots! :smile:

In my wallet, I always have these 9 cards - drivers license, AAA card, Starbucks, Amex, Nordstrom, corporate credit card, debit card, health insurance cards (ID and HSA credit card).

I keep all my loyalty/reward card info in my CardStar app, or I'd need a wallet with, like, 30 card slots! :smile:

In my wallet, I always have these 9 cards - drivers license, AAA card, Starbucks, Amex, Nordstrom, corporate credit card, debit card, health insurance cards (ID and HSA credit card).

I love cardstar. Such a great app. I have like 30 loyalty cards on their own little ring at home because of that app. :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Same here. Whenever I try to downsize my wallet and leave behind some cards, those that I didn't bring are the ones that I'd be needing.

That's also one reason why I'm still wallet restless. Can't seem to find the perfect wallet for my card needs. So right now I use a long wallet with 12 card slots and I also have 4 cards in my key cles just to be sure :smile: