How many black CL's are too many?

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
I just pre-ordered the black/red Architeks from NM. They were less than at Saks and since they are pre-ordered, it will give me a chance to take care of some other December needs. Anyway, I love the look of them and the nude does not look that great on me (I have tried that color in some other CL's). This will make my 3rd pair of black CL's and lets not even count the other black shoes I have right now. I have a pair of black leather platform pump CL's. I don't know the name, but I got them at NM and they have a thicker heel than the simple pumps. I just got the Metallica boots in black.

I am thinking of getting the electric blue platform pumps from Saks and I asked my store SA to call me when/if they get the fuchia simple pumps in the store. I am leaning towards the blue, but have not decided. I am going to try to make it to a Saks to try on the Architeks later this week. If I love them and they are fairly comfortable, should I stick with them or am I getting too many black pairs of CL's.

I say it really depends on your wardrobe and accessories and if you mostly will match better with black then why not?
I myself have 4 black CLs (suede boots, black eel decolletes, leather helmuts & patent iowa zeppas) and wont be buying anymore black shoes for quite a while as I think this sufficient and any more would be a little too much for me. As a result I am on a black shoe ban for a year. I personally think too much would be if you had 5+ that were of the same material and style.

There can never be enough black CL shoes, or any other blk shoes.
Each one is unique...sometimes I think that the style does not look right unless its in black.
If you feel you have a lot of black & you like the style of the CL in a nother color, get it...unless your not a color person. If your not a color person, its better to stay with the basic colors because its not worth the money for the shoes to sit in their box.

I think that black shoes are so versatile that they can be worn with anything so black CLs will always come in handy. If I don't want to think about which shoes to wear, or I don't want my shoes to detract from my outfit, then I always go for a basic black shoe, and you can never go wrong with Louboutin black shoes.

It sounds like your collection so far is pretty diverse - it's not like you have 3 pairs of the same pumps, you have 3 very different styles - a bootie, a pump, and a slingback. I say go for it, the architek is absolutely amazing. I don't think that you will regret it. And if you change your mind, you can always return them. Although I doubt that will happen because this shoe is just stunning and it is suprisingly more comfy than other CLs.

RD - off topic, but I noticed your wish list includes the Fendi Tribal Spy, did you know that they are currently marked down at NM? I saw them the other day, I think they are 30% off.

I agree with priiin, you can never have too many black shoes. Black shoes go with almost everything so you can be sure you'll get a lot of wear out of them. If it wasn't for my boyfriend I would only have black shoes in my wardrobe.

You honestly can't have too many black Louboutins. Buy with your heart!

I don't think you can have too many either, although my father, brother-in-law, and SO will all disagree. LOL

Plus, they have the red tip and the back portion cut out SO GO FOR IT! Plus, you can feel slightly better since they are cheaper at NM. I'm slightly tempted by them now b/c instead of $811.50 they would be $735 shipped for me. LOL I'm still going to wait though to see them in person and also try them on since they seem to run TTS.

Share pics when you get them!