How many bags over 1k

With tax, my Babylone was over $1,000, and I was FLOORED when I pulled out my credit card knowing full well that the LV store wouldn't accept an outright return, just a store credit or exchange. Considering that it's something I can sell for a big chunk of change if I need to, or that I can carry it for eons with the company backing it to the hilt, I feel it was worthwhile.

Phooey to Target. Unless you're outfitting an entire house, it's not that important. Besides, I prefer Crate & Barrel. LOL

None--that's a line that I can't cross yet. It took me a while to cross the $500 hurdle, but now I have 2 that are in the $800 range.
It's sobering to think how much in total sits in my closet!

I agree with you wickedassin, I don't think I couldn't go pass 2 Gs on a bag. I don't care how nice it is. Unless it was a birkin, but thats truly an investment, I'll be passing down to my daughter and generations after that. It'll be in my will .. hahahah.. I don't want to buy a birkin for a few years, maybe when I'm 28 or something. but my next big purchase, (although it kills me to not get a bag), is a pottery barn sectional couch with a chaise.

And to Ammietwist: When I said go on a shopping spree at target, I was thinking more in terms of diapers, toys, and novelty items.

kylieReese said:
How many bags of yours are over $1000. DO you think it's worth it. I sometimes sit back and think, Wow one bag could pay someone's rent for a month or more (depending on where they live).

I have three at the 1000.00 mark or over. Worth it? Yes! :amuse: My friend at work calls my Boogie bag "the mortgage bag" because she said, "Man, that's more than my mortgage!" when she asked how much it cost. :lol:

Oops! Sorry about the double post - I thought I could delete the first one!

All of them except for my one Isabella Fiore. And yes, they are worth every cent! As long as I can still pay for things we need (like my daughter's braces she got yesterday).

This may be a little off topic but I like the thread and I think about this often. Personally, I would never sacrifice something we need for something I want - like a bag. I know people who do this. They shop like celebs on bags and shoes and their kids mouths look horrible. I don't get it. What's the point of my carrying around a very expensive bag and my kid looks a mess?!?!? It just wouldn't feel right......

None for me either, although I've gotten close once !

I'm not really self sufficient yet, since I'm still in school so I don't want to drain my parents' funds. Plus they don't really indulge in that obsession (some others they do, I do love the computers and I have quite a few).

print*model said:
All of them except for my one Isabella Fiore. And yes, they are worth every cent! As long as I can still pay for things we need (like my daughter's braces she got yesterday).

This may be a little off topic but I like the thread and I think about this often. Personally, I would never sacrifice something we need for something I want - like a bag. I know people who do this. They shop like celebs on bags and shoes and their kids mouths look horrible. I don't get it. What's the point of my carrying around a very expensive bag and my kid looks a mess?!?!? It just wouldn't feel right......

I would never sacrafice my daughters anything to get a bag. I swear after I had her, I always come in second when it comes to spending money. I guess I just want her to have the best of everything. luckily I can afford the both of us. Or actually I should say .. DH can afford the both of us. hehehe

kylieReese said:
I would never sacrafice my daughters anything to get a bag. I swear after I had her, I always come in second when it comes to spending money. I guess I just want her to have the best of everything. luckily I can afford the both of us. Or actually I should say .. DH can afford the both of us. hehehe

I'm right in there with you, honey! When my little girl came along, it was ALL about her! Still is! There is a reason we waited 10 years to have her. I got all of my selfishness out during that time so that I could devote my more mature years to her. And like you, we are fortunate that we can have many of the things we want but more importantly, the things she needs! She wants to be an actress when she grows up. Guess who is enrolled in acting class? If it meant selling every one of my bags to get something she needed, I would not hesitate to do so! You have to keep it in perspective. Your daughter is very lucky to have you!

None, until Chloe became my new obsession. I was skirting pretty close with my old Marc Jacobs bags, but I didn't cross the threshold til the paddys came along. Argh! And now, of course, they're all I want.

Have any of you wondered WHY these bags are so expensive these days? I lived in London during the late 1990's - and I'd be able to hop over to Italy and pick up a Gucci bag for peanuts compared to what it is in the States. Now... everywhere is expensive... and yet despite the fact that handbag prices have skyrocketed, I still can't get my hands on certain IT bags - like an MJ Stam. It makes me wonder if women have just gone absolutely bag crazy now. Before, it was shoes, thanks to Miss Carrie Bradshaw.