How many bags is too many?

winter0531

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hi ladies,

I have almost 20 premier designer handbags in my collection. I sold some to fund some new loves in the past years. I'm still considering to sell some of my collection. I know my collection is not really too much compare some of the ladies her on TPF but just curious about how much is too much?

I have this question in mind becuz I don't see myself rotating my handbags everyday...and sometimes one bags just fits all my outfits. So some of my bags just sit in my closet for such a long time.

I took them out and played with them with different outfits last night and now I have this dilemma: Should I sell the ones i only carry once in a long time? But I love every each of them so much that it's still hard to let go....am i just looking for trouble for myself? Any of you have the same problem?

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
USA
If you don't need to sell them, then I wouldn't. If you feel like you must consolidate, then sell the ones that you don't use that often. I'm just now coming to terms with that and even though I think some of mine are beautiful and valuable, I can't justify keeping them if they are not going to be worn. Good luck with your decision!!

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
I recently had this dilemma...for me a lot of my bags were just sitting in the closet and not getting used at all. I also did not like the bags as much as when I first purchased them so I decided to let them go. In the end I was able to fund more bags that I really wanted and am enjoying now. I did take a bit of a loss but imo its better then having them sit in the closet. Good Luck with you decision!

CCKL

It’s never enough...
O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
LA
i think this varies from person to person.

Me personally - there is no such thing as too many but I know some of my friends are fine with just one or two. I think you'll know when you've reached your max when you find yourself losing interest or getting bored.

SpeedyLover

Dec 14, 2009
IL
i am in the same boat as you. currently, i think i have about 40 designer bags. I have picked out about 6 that i know i can sell but 34 is still a lot. I want to start my flap collection and need to fund them. it is getting harder and harder to sell on ebay... with fees from ebay and paypal... i hate to lose a lot of money on some of my bags. if i cant sell them in decent price... might as well keep them. I would like to trim down my bag collection to about 20 and add the 4 flaps i dream about...namely black, red, white and 1 fun color.

winter0531

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Thank you for all your replies. I came up with this thread because sometimes when I'm standing in front of my bags, I am always wondering which bag to carry today. If I choose A bag, in my mind I would start thinking why not go with B or C....cuz they would fit too! KWIM? That's why I would think why spend so much money on bags that a bag is no longer something to carry essentials, rather something just to satisfy my sin of vanity. Every time I spend on a handbag my hubby would laugh and say...."Can't believe you spend $$$$ on just piece of leather :P" I used to debate with him because I love name brand bags, but now I sort of agree with him. Maybe i'm getting older? And a whole closet of handbags somehow make me feel guilty cuz those money could be put into something worth more.

I just bought a patent leather black jumbo Chevron and I'm thinking about to return it. Do you think that's a bag I'll use much?

Thank you ladies for the replies again!

hambisyosa

Aug 11, 2009
Just a few will do.... b u t ......I'm saving for a big bag purchase late this year so I can't afford another major Chanel purchase however I love classic flaps so the many the merrier hehehehehe *oppsss, I can't possibly buy a Valentine Flap ?! *

Elina0408

O.G.
Nov 20, 2009
In my opinion if you don't use them is better sell them or give them as a gift!! I have only 5 designer bags and some good quality ones but I want to buy 3-4 more!!! You never stop to want more I think. :whistle: As far as the black Chevron, yes, I think that you'll use it. All depends on how often you socialize?! When I was living in Greece I was going outside very, very often. Now that I live in London and I also have a baby and expecting another one is much more dificult for me!!!

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
You can never have too many!!! As long as you are using them all, then keep them! If you haven't used any for a long period of time, you may want to consider letting them go!