How Many Bags Do You Carry When You Go On Vacation...Which Ones?

1. After reading Nita's thread where she mentioned that she carried 5 bags on her vacation, it got me thinking. How many bags do you carry on your vacation trips and which ones are they?

I'll go first. When I went to New York for the weekend I took with me 4 bags: my Mono Speedy, Damier Saleya, Beige Lexington Fleur, and I believe I also took my Tango but can't recall.

Then recently when I went to Costa Rica for a week I took with me 6 bags: my Mono Speedy, Cherry Lucille PM, Beige Lexington Fleur, Abbesses (for my laptop), Mono Musette Tango, Brown Antigua MM.

When I go to Miami this week I was planning on walking with less (as I am going to shop and don't want to carry too much) so I was thinking on going with my mono Speedy, Mono Sac Dos backpack (perfect for shopping), Cherry Lucille PM, Lexignton Fleur (for night outs), and Damier Saleya MM <-- well not much of a cut down but perhaps I'll leave the Speedy behind :graucho: .
    I don't want to go with too much Mono 'cuz the last time I was in Miami (a week ago) out of 10 bags I saw at the mall, 9 were mono, and 8 were fakes :rolleyes:

2. Wow. I never take any of my really good bags on vacation or trips.

The last place I went to was Vegas and I took my Monogram Musette becasue I love being hands free and my Isabella Fiore Whipflash because its leather and if it rained (which it did) I wouldnt have to worry.

Before that on a short trip to LA I also took my Mono Musette and a small clutch for going out at night.

When I went to Jamaica I don't think I bought any designer bags with me. I took this fabric material messenger style purse (to be hands free).

I'm way too scared to take my nice bags away with me on trips. LOL :shame:

Also and as you see above, on trip I prefer to be hands free for shopping. :smile:

3. So far I've only brought one bag at a time with me....these things take up too much room and I need that room for all my shopping sprees so I have somewhere to put this stuff!!! BTW, I only bring one carry on bag....I try to not bring too much down, just the necessities, and on the flight home, it's stuffed to the max!! :smile:

4. Only the one I'm afraid. Planes that fly from here are smaller and have strict baggage limits. I would never put an LV in my checked in suitcase so it's just the one handbag which I carry. Hopefully I can go to LV while on holiday and purchase a brand new bag:graucho: :yahoo: which I pack into my carry on bag.

5. I usually don't take nice bags with me. Well I haven't gone anywhere in a while though, last time I took my huge burberry tote (which I sold though :sad:). When I go to Vegas next month I think I'm bringing my cabas mezzo on the plane and maybe my azur speedy or if I get my mc trouville by then. But I think I'll just be carrying my wapity most of the time just to hold cash, cards, and camera.

6. It was tough to choose which bags to carry. I wanted to carry all of them
    My last vacation I had 5 LV (not including keepall) and 1 Chanel. I also have 6 pairs of shoes. Mind you it's only 1 week vacation LOL

My rule of thumb:
    Writslet/ pochette is a must for night out or dine out
    shoulder bag/messenger bag, if sighseeing/ shopping involve
    Have to have one of the speedy
    cute handheld bag
    rain proof bag from damier/epi line

Checking weather forecast in advance will also help to decide which bags will go on vacation.
    I put all my bags and some shoes in my keepall as carry on. I don't want to know what the guy think when they screened my bag in security check point. Incase my baggage get lost, I can live with my shoes and bags LOL

Jojo, I bet you can't wait to pick up your denim baggy PM...so excited for you!

7. This is the reason I like the Speedy, b/c it flattens and doesn't take much space. On the regular, I carry my bags and shoes as well as toiletries in my carryon and the clothing in my checked luggage.

When I go on shopping sprees I always carry an extra (empty) bag. You have no idea how many duffle bags I have accumulated over the past years since I always end up buying a bag when I travel b/c I don't have space in the bag I travelled with. So now I carry an extra bag just in case :smile:

Nita, I'm so excited! I just can't wait. I will try to get it at the beginning of my trip so that I can carry it while in Miami :yahoo:

8. good question! never really thought about which purses to take while traveling... usually i take 2 or 3 at the most. a small pochette, and at least a medium sized bag.

9. Going to take 2 bags only with me when I travel in a week
    1- White MC Boulogne
    2- Black MC Speedy 30

gonna buy some purses in Dubai so I'll have more to use with them there ;)
    I'm planning on hand carrying both of them..too scared to put one of them in the luggage :S lol

10. Saleya or Speedy for day and Recital for night. :smile:

11. Depends on where we're going /doing.

For Disney I carried aurelia gm on the plane and packed (and checked) denim sac-a-dos.

For Vegas or places where we will be going out 3-5 depending on outfits, weather, etc.

When I went to Asia, I took my manhattan GM and cerise carryall. I used the manhattan daily for businesss and the cerise carryall when we went for weekend trips to highend resorts. If I was shopping or out with the general public, I used a cheap fanny pack, carried in the front.

Mexico, I bring nothing...even though we always stay at the Fairmont Princess or similar resorts.

12. I usually bring at least two bags - mc speedy and panda pochette. I pack the pochette into the speedy and carried them both on the plane.

13. I usually bring 2 bags and a clutch.

1. BH for day and it can fit magazines on a plane as a nice carryon when I'm not taking my laptop
    2. Lexington Vernis for evening
    3. Wapity, best travel item. I carried this around my wrist in Chicago and could stick it in my coat pocket with the strap attached. Made me feel safe and fit everything I needed for sightseeing and it didn't have to touch any public transport surfaces :smile:

14. I only bring one LV, my Recital, and use it as my main bag. I tend to get paranoid about thefts at hotels. So if the other LVs don't fit in the safe, I won't bring them.

15. i only have 2 lv bags, but on wednesday for thanksgiving, im going to bring my pochette, dooney, coach wristlet, coach wallet and wapity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice