How loose should double tour bracelets be? *Pics included*

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Hi! I made an impulse purchase at H today and got myself a Rivale Double Tour. The SA said S was the smallest size so I didn't think much of it. I wear a 17 in a Love bracelet and the DT fit nice and loose along with it. It wasn't a tight secure fit.

My question is, is a casual fit how it's supposed to be? Does this look right? I can put my index finger between the bracelet and my arm. That's the amount of looseness right now.

IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4003.JPG

Last edited:

Misojenny

Feb 24, 2017
www.misojenny.com
Hi! I made an impulse purchase at H today and got myself a Rivale Double Tour. The SA said S was the smallest size so I didn't think much of it. I wear a 17 in a Love bracelet and the DT fit nice and loose along with it. It wasn't a tight secure fit.

My question is, is a casual fit how it's supposed to be? Does this look right? I can put my index finger between the bracelet and my arm. That's the amount of looseness right now.

View attachment 3629886 View attachment 3629887
I have a kelly double tour in xs. As long as it doesn't spin with normal wear that would be perfect fit IMO

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
My bracelet doesn't spin with normal wear, but I can turn it easily with a light touch.

I measured my wrist last night at its between a 5.75-6". Does that lean more towards me buying XS bracelets in the future?

Thanks for all your responses.

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
They do the rivale double tour in XS :smile: the small is a tiny bit big on me. Gorgeous bracelet
Yup! I found that out when I went to H.com. Dang SA just wants to make a sale and said there was nothing smaller. Anyways, do you have pics of your XS? Does it fit somewhat snug?

prepster

Mar 4, 2016

View attachment 3629886 View attachment 3629887
Hi, I wear 17 in love and Small Rivale DT. That's how mine fits too, slightly loose but doesn't turn. It looks great on you.
Ditto Moirai. I think my Love is a 17 as well and have tried on a small Rivale DT with it. I ended up with something else instead, but I very much liked the look, and felt that it wouldn't scratch my Love bracelet. That size looks terrific on you and should be comfortable for daily wear--not too tight or too loose.

Moirai

Apr 26, 2015
If you're unsure about the fit, it's worth to try the XS. FYI, I couldn't fit Kelly DT in XS but never tried Rivale in XS.

Reactions: missD
Oct 1, 2007
FWIW, I'm a size 15 in the love bracelet and the XS rivale double tour works for me ( a teensy bit big, but it doesn't spin - I like all my bracelets to be close / tight). Worth trying it on if you get the chance but I would guess that it may be a bit tight / might be hard to put on if you're 17 in the love.

Reactions: missD
Jun 21, 2017
Just bought my first Hermes bracelet the double tour Rivale and couldn’t decide size either. I went to the Hermes store and the SA told me I was a size small, however once getting home I realized the small was loose. After reading everyone’s comments on sizing here I went back to the store to try the xs and it fit slightly snug but not too tight, and the new SA said it will stretch with time and I defiantly need the XS. So happy I went back.

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
urban jungle
Just bought my first Hermes bracelet the double tour Rivale and couldn’t decide size either. I went to the Hermes store and the SA told me I was a size small, however once getting home I realized the small was loose. After reading everyone’s comments on sizing here I went back to the store to try the xs and it fit slightly snug but not too tight, and the new SA said it will stretch with time and I defiantly need the XS. So happy I went back.
How large is your wrist, i.e. Love bracelet size?

Jun 21, 2017
6 inches, xs is fitted on me but not uncomfortable, and the small was moving around a lot. Was trying to load pictures but for some reason was not letting me.

dragonette

Jessica Val
O.G.
May 16, 2008
Singapore
www.instagram.com
IMG_5881.JPG My Rivale DT fits much looser than that. I can fit two fingers in. But I don't mind the way it looks "resting" on my hand.

I just got a Kelly DT in the new sizing T1 (goes T1, T2 etc) which is smaller than the old XS. T2 is bigger than XS. Will post pics after I unbox. :smile:

Reactions: Sferics