How long will the Hermes addiction last?

How long have you been addicted to Hermes?

• Less than 1 year

• Less than 5 years

• Less than 10 years

• More than 10 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

DreamBags

Love bags
Aug 7, 2009
How long will the addiction last once you fell in love with Hermes? Is there anyone once fell in love with Hermes but now switched to another brand? I heard you start loving bags (go through different brands) but when you reach Hermes, you will love it forever. Is this true? Does anyone every recover from the Hermes addiction?

I'm a H- holic and I love it! :P Even though it's only been a few years, I know I definitely go through stages from "OMG I HAVE to have H this and H that" to "I think I'm content with all the H's I have, don't need anymore". I don't think this relationship will end anytime soon.... and quite frankly, I think it's turning into a life long committment!:lol:

I remember the year exactly, it was late 2003, when I got back from my tour in Iraq. I finally took the plunge and bought my first Birkin and I have never looked back. If that experience taught me anything it was that no time better than the present to do things you've wanted to for quite some time. I can say, quite confidently, that this addiction is here to stay!

I'm not sure if this is just for bags, or for all things Hermes. I've been addicted to their
scarves for many years, and am becoming more so since joining tPF. I got a vintage
Kelly maybe six or seven years ago, and my first Birkins this year. I don't see this
addiction going away any time soon!

way over 10 years for me.
but i am not an h girl exclusively. true the majority is h but h simply does not carry bag styles for all my needs. and frankly other brands do have fantastic styles too (and craftsmenship )
and this goes for all other h things too (most notably rtw i love their fashion but again there are other houses as well that i adore)

I'm beyond 10 years as well. Like lilach, H is not exclusive to my closet, I own many other brand name handbags and rtw.. but there is always a big spot for H in my heart!

Have been in love for four years now and it will probably take me at least another ten to obtain all the bags on my wishlist (only speeking about the ones I really "need" :P) - so I guess I can easily say: more than ten years. :yes:

I hope it will last me a lifetime, and if it does (which I am sure of) it will actually end up saving me money;). Before getting my first H bag I was addicted to Balenciaga bags, the older ones. I have sold most of my collection and only held onto two Balenciagas.

I only recently boght my first Birkin (earlier this Sprin) but I have been in lust over the JPG from the moment I first saw it. The second H bag I bought was infact an etoupe JPG, and I love how cool it looks. I bought other H items before buying my first bag, and I find that I am as much inlove with the GM shawls, leather bracelets and other stuff as I am with the bags;)

Reactions: tolliv
The real addiction lasted say 5 years. Hermes is still and going to be the Segnificant One but I have this wandering eyes for other brands as well and loving it this way :smile: