How long until you think “what the heck, I’m using it!”

janetaz

Aug 25, 2015
I have had LVs for years. Most have been removed from the box,my things put in them and go. I bought my first Chanel 4 years ago. I’m a casual, don’t want attention type girl. My first Chanel, GST, I felt a bit ostentatious taking it out the first few times. I was also sooo careful and paranoid using it. Soon enough I was comfortable and it became as familiar as any other bag. I don’t baby my bags but I do care for them. I do not obsess, but the first mark is devastating isnt it? One of the reasons I adore my LV neverfulls and speedys is that I use them and don’t worry one bit about carrying them any and everywhere.
My HG Chanel arrived 7/14. It literally sat on my dresser until this past Tuesday. I just admired it. I kept thinking when I would announce her to my family and introduce her to my world. I read a fun quote yesterday. I’m not a quote person but every once in a while one resonates with me. This one said something to the effect that don’t save special items for special occasions. Use them. Every day we wake up is a special occasion. My new to me Chanel, SF, lambskin is going into the rotation as of today. I will use judgment as to where she goes of course. I will use and enjoy as I would any other bag.
Wow, that was drawn out, haha. How long does it take you to let your guard down and just enjoy a bag?

Attachments

• 01F06CA3-1915-4475-A511-FC62BA7D44EF.jpeg
    01F06CA3-1915-4475-A511-FC62BA7D44EF.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Good question! I’d like to know too! I also outsides by HG jumbo lamb skin Chanel in January and as much as I love her - I barely feel comfortable taking her out! I don’t seem to have the same reservations with any of my other bags but there is definitely something about a Chanel lambskin that makes you more cautious. Let me know how you go!

Reactions: janetaz
I like to use my bags like is too short everyday is a celebration. I like to dress up everyday. My Mom was terminally ill for a couple of years and I met many people younger than her that were in similar situations in the hospital and in hospice. One lady was my age at the time early 30s she told me she looked forward to my visits with my Mom to see what i was wearing and my hair etc.

They are things possessions! expensive I know but none of us know how much time we have.So enjoy it and wear it well!

I like to use my bags like is too short everyday is a celebration. I like to dress up everyday. My Mom was terminally ill for a couple of years and I met many people younger than her that were in similar situations in the hospital and in hospice. One lady was my age at the time early 30s she told me she looked forward to my visits with my Mom to see what i was wearing and my hair etc.

They are things possessions! expensive I know but none of us know how much time we have.So enjoy it and wear it well!
I love this. We all have special occasion items. In my life, there are very few special occasions. I realize that I need to enjoy my things.

I’ve been trying to be better at this. You finally come to a point of ‘why am I paying thousands of dollars for something to literally sit in a closet?’ I still fear color transfer and loss of quilted puffiness of some bags, but have been trying to wear my coveted bags more often.

Reactions: lwwpdx and janetaz
I wear my bags the next day after purchasing them. One exception was when I fell in love with the navy blue statement flap and the card holder. I walked out of the boutique wearing my new statement flap and card holder.

Bags are meant to be enjoyed and used. I also try my best to take care of it, but not baby it as much.

Obviously it depends what that item is, like a clutch or tiny bags, it sits for special occasions. The bigger purses gets used the next day or maybe first time when I dress up for work. But when after using the purse for a few days I realize it’s impractical or heavy, etc then gets moved to once in a while. My only bags of such category have been a Work Balenciaga, because the bag is just too big, arms carry, and overall not conducive of everyday use after I had a baby. Another bag is YSL sac de jour, i don’t find it practical, too stiff. I use it for daytime events.