How long to wait before filing seller complaint?

Apr 29, 2008
Maybe I'm just being paranoid... but I bought a Burberry scarf for nearly $200 last week and haven't heard anything from the seller yet. She didn't have a very high feed back score, but the scarf was authentic and with all of the restrictions ebay has been placing, I know a lot of people are opening second accounts. Anyway... I wrote her twice to confirm she received my payment and see when she was shipping... and nothing. I'm getting worried. How long before I file a complaint?

If its been a week, go ahead and complain/claim now.

I wouldn't mind if a week had passed without receiving the item, but what concerns me is that I've heard nothing. I just wrote her on the gmail accound provided by paypal. If I don't hear by tomorrow I'll claim. I think paypal holds payments for people w\ under 10 feedback if the item is over $100. I hope that's the case!

I'd try to contact the seller through ebay as well - personally, the email I use for Paypal is my catchall spam email address that I use to sign up for contests/registrations/etc. so I don't check it very often for personal messages. You might also see if the seller has any active listings; if so, I would definitely expect a timely response.

I tried her through ebay yesterday, and haven't gotten a response. She doesn't have anything currently listed. Maybe I should file... I just don't want to be unreasonable, but her listing indicated 2-3 day priority shipping. It should be here by now.

What is wrong w/ these sellers that do not communicate?:cursing::cursing:

There should be an seller's ethics guide written.

- Always confirm buyers bid and payment.
- Always email seller w/ approx ship date.
- Always email seller w/ tracking number on the date of shipment.

Why is that so difficult??

I hope you get your scarf!

What is wrong w/ these sellers that do not communicate?:cursing::cursing:

There should be an seller's ethics guide written.

- Always confirm buyers bid and payment.
- Always email seller w/ approx ship date.
- Always email seller w/ tracking number on the date of shipment.

Why is that so difficult??

I hope you get your scarf!

ITA!!

Sorry you're going through this OP. Hope your item arrives soon

I'm mostly worried because of her feedback... but I took a chance. I'll write her again and if I don't get an answer or a scarf tomorrow, I'll contact paypal.

I'm sick of both buyers AND sellers who don't communicate. People who bid and they don't pay, and sellers who don't acknowledge your payment. No matter the value, when someone is giving you hard earned cash, it's respectful to confirm.

I wrote her this. I feel like a pain, but all I really wanted was an acknowledgement!

Hi There,
It's been nearly a week since I purchased your Burberry scarf and I'm concerned that you have not confirmed my payment. I understand that things come up, and shipments often are delayed.... But $187 is a lot of money, so understandably I want to ensure that the purchase is still on track. Please let me know as soon as able. I am very excited to receive the scarf, but will have to file a dispute with ebay and paypal if I do not hear from you in the coming days. Hopefully, this is just a misunderstanding.

I'm mostly worried because of her feedback... but I took a chance. I'll write her again and if I don't get an answer or a scarf tomorrow, I'll contact paypal.

I'm sick of both buyers AND sellers who don't communicate. People who bid and they don't pay, and sellers who don't acknowledge your payment. No matter the value, when someone is giving you hard earned cash, it's respectful to confirm.

^^^^^^
I totally agree