How long to get Paypal Acct Verified???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I sold a handbag 9 days ago... my listings require a verified Paypal address; payment w/in 48 hrs etc...

The buyer was from the Netherlands, I invoiced her and she responded the same day (2 Saturdays ago) that she needed to get her Paypal account verified. So I'm nice & I wait... nothing.

I invoiced her again on Thursday.. no response. I filed a NPB yesterday. She just responded "I'm getting my Paypal account verified."

How freaking long does it take?! According to Paypal it takes 2-3 business days. Do I wait or say screw it & continue down the NPB path?!

I sold the bag for my boss & she's waiting for the $$$!!!

2. In the UK it takes about 3 working days certainly not as long as this !
    What is her feedback like? Is she a new Ebayer ?

3. Her feedback is private but according to Toolhaus & Goofbay it's at 100%; 116 total - Member since 2/05.

This recently happened to me with a buyer from Australia... told me she needed to transfer $ into her Paypal account so she could pay me (7-10 days) then once she paid me she did it w/ an echeck which took another 7-10 days to clear.. .took like 3 weeks for me to get my payment. I swore never again... yeah right!!

4. So if she needs to get her Paypal account verified how has she paid for things before ? Seems a bit odd to me!

5. I had this happen once. A woman wins the auction (Bulgari earrings) outbidding a few others. THEN, after winning, she tells me she needs to sign up for a Paypal acct. She was Mexico, so it took 7-10 days. I was pretty new to selling and just waited. You have to wait 7 days to file a non-paying anyway (couldn't officially sell to the 2nd highest bidder until the first transaction was canceled). Her verification to Paypal took 7-10 days. It ended OK, was just annoying.
    Then I had another person win an auction, and tell ME to sign HER up for a paypal account so she could pay!!! Duh..
    The woman you have sounds fishy. I mean how could she have bought and sold all that stuff since 2004 w/o Paypal?? Also the private FB is a red flag..

6. continue with the NPB. paypal account verification never take that long. If you don't have any listing restrictions/limitations for the item you're selling or your account I would just continue with the NPB and then relist.