how long till u found out that he's the one?

Huh...That's a difficult question.

Falling in love is an independent thing - regardless of the relationship you are in, you are not going to fall in love the same way, or in the same time frame as you did in your last.

It took me a good 6 months or so to really fall in LOVE with my exboyfriend, but with Bart I loved him pretty much right from the get go. As for me realising he's "the one"...I don't know when I first realised that, we just kind of "grew" into that feeling - so it's not like it hit me all at once :smile:

sigh... im not eve sure if i found the one yet. With my current bf, i feel very safe, comfortable, & i trust him completely. However, there's not much sparks between us. We've been together for about 3 years already, so may be that's why i don't feel the "chill" or butterfly when we kiss anymore? But then, i somehow still long for that.

I definitely liked my Dh initially but it took a couple more months of really getting to know him before I really realized I was in love. We took things slowly......he was much more confident about his feelings for me right away.

AJ

when we got into his place, his cat came running to him. He bent down and 'baby talked' to the cat. DH is a loud, gruff, big, East coast, hockey/football, completly politically incorrect person...but for some reason I could see past all that...and in that minute I knew for sure.

aaaw that is one of the nicest lil stories i heard ! and look at your `tar! ;) ur one lucky lady ! :tup:

I agree that there is more than one perfect match for everyone - and thank goodness, right? I think if you're feeling comfortable and safe, while still hopped up on hormones, there's no need to worry about whether you will end up loving each other into your 80s and dying 4 days apart, a beautiful tree sprouting miraculously from the scorched earth of your graves (though I hope you're not buried in scorched earth) from the sheer power of your love. Just go with it, and I hope you fall for each other. Your ex sounds like a complete douche and I'm glad that's over with. Time to enjoy this!

It was when we actually first began studying together. We just happened to look up and into each other's eyes and I knew it at that moment.

It is so interesting that so many of you put that the man in your lives made you feel safe. That is EXACTLY what I felt with him from the beginning and how I feel now, but I thought it sounded weird so I never really said it out loud to anyone else.

Anyway, he makes me feel safe, I trust him, and something inside me just lights up wheneer he is around or when I am talking to him. This is not something that has ever happened with other men. In fact, he really helped me begin to heal after my mother's death. And somehow he was the only one able to do that.

when he rolled over in the middle of the night from a dead sleep and said "i love you so much"..and went right back to sleep. In fact, I'm not sure he was even awake when he said it lol

u mean "the one" as in MARRYING? if so, then it took me about 2 yrs to realize that. marriage is more than just the couple. its about families, friends, etc. and to truly get to know someone, u need time. i think 3 yrs is a normal time for someone to figure out if u can marry that other person or not...

but in terms of knowing my DH was "the one" as in a KEEPER, i knew from our second phone call..haha..

as for him? he told me that he knew he was going to ask me to marry him the first moment he saw me. i dont know if i believe that completely bc we met @ a designer's after party during NYC's fashion wk. i was wearing almost next to nothing during the show (bikini) so it might have been his OTHER head thinking....:roflmfao::roflmfao:

Oddly enough I knew he was the one when I found out he had the exact same flat panel LCD tv as I did. Its an odd size to have since people usually go one size up or down from what we have. We moved in together 4 months into our relationship and while we do have the odd argument or two, everything is great :heart:

:love:....okay... I've known my SO since we were in elementary school... we dated other people (he's been engaged once already!)..... and I always thought he was "a really nice guy!".... but never once thought I'd ever wind up dating him.... but about a year after a really horrid break-up with my ex (long story short: he cheated after nearly 5yrs together)..... that "really nice guy" walked me home, held my hand, and then was content to just be "a guy I'm dating" until I was ready to say "I have a BF" to everyone else! It took about 6months...

3.5yrs later.... I'm pretty sure he's "the one!!":love:

To my complete and utter astonishment, after the first date. ;)

And I see many other people here who had similar experiences, but I don't think it always happens like that. For some people, it may take a while, and it may be a gradual thing,

Generally speaking, I'd have to agree with the story of the boy who asked his grandfather, "How do I know that she's the One?"

His grandfather replied, "If you have to ask that, she isn't."

Awww these stories are so heartwarming.

BF says he knew the moment he laid eyes on me. Who knows if that's true.

For me it was our first kiss.

We had been acquaitances for awhile and I didn't even "get it" that the reason he kept inviting me to stuff was because he liked me. Duh.... I kept turning him down but he was tenacious and eventually we started hanging out and became really good friends. We talked and emailed every day, went to lunch and coffee together all the time. Went to each others work functions. Our offices were in the same neighborhood and I called him my work husband.

Anywhoo, one day I was home from work because I fell off the climbing wall at the gym. He left his office, went to the pharmacy and bought tylenol and muscle ache cream for me. Then he came all the way to my apartment to drop it off; I invited him in for a cool drink (it was hot as blazes that day).

We were sitting on the sofa, him on one end, me on the other end with about 3-4 feet between us. In the wink of an eye he was right next to me and he just laid one on me. I was stunned. He was totally embarassed and left immediately. After he left I just sat there in shock. I thought about him all day and all night. I knew that day that he was my best friend and I would marry him.