how long should numbness in nose after rhinoplastly last?

softbunnies

Aug 17, 2020
it's been nearly a year since my rhinoplasty and I still can't feel the bottom tip of my nose very well at all. I was just wondering if this is permanent? or does this happen often? idk. I never hear anyone mention it.

omg. so did the doctor mess up one of my nerves? T.T sigh I thought maybe it could come back.
Yes. It is severed if it hasn't returned after all this time. If it was only bruised then it would have been back by week 3-5. Some plastic surgeons are good at giving you the look but not at giving you the look and retaining function. Sadly most patients don't talk or ask about sensation when shopping for plastic surgeons. Most only look at pics for the aesthetic. For example, I had boob job 5 years ago. In week 2 my right boob gained 100% sensation back. In week 3 the other followed. My boobs feel like I never had surgery. Now other women who went to a different plastic surgeon I hear are either permanently numb or have altered sensation. Go figure.

Yes. It is severed if it hasn't returned after all this time. If it was only bruised then it would have been back by week 3-5. Some plastic surgeons are good at giving you the look but not at giving you the look and retaining function. Sadly most patients don't talk or ask about sensation when shopping for plastic surgeons. Most only look at pics for the aesthetic. For example, I had boob job 5 years ago. In week 2 my right boob gained 100% sensation back. In week 3 the other followed. My boobs feel like I never had surgery. Now other women who went to a different plastic surgeon I hear are either permanently numb or have altered sensation. Go figure.

well honestly I am not even fond of the look he gave me :-/ but I have a question. is a closed rhinoplasty supposed to leave a ring-like scar underneath your nose?

well honestly I am not even fond of the look he gave me :-/ but I have a question. is a closed rhinoplasty supposed to leave a ring-like scar underneath your nose?
I'm not sure about it being a ring but open rhino does leave a scar. I follow a good uk plastic surgeon on Instagram and he does this a lot but the scar you can hardly see.

I'm not sure about it being a ring but open rhino does leave a scar. I follow a good uk plastic surgeon on Instagram and he does this a lot but the scar you can hardly see.

see it's weird because before my surgery my doctor said I would have closed rhinoplasty which I thought left scars inside the nostril (not clear to the eye) and not outside my nose. however, when I woke up I had a very visible scar and I still have it. I'm just wondering why he decided to change from closed to open rhinoplasty?

see it's weird because before my surgery my doctor said I would have closed rhinoplasty which I thought left scars inside the nostril (not clear to the eye) and not outside my nose. however, when I woke up I had a very visible scar and I still have it. I'm just wondering why he decided to change from closed to open rhinoplasty?
That's ****ed up. I have no trust in foreign surgeons anymore. I had surgery abroad earlier this year and it ruined me. He did loads of weird **** without my consent and destroyed my nerve canal and nerves. And my nerves usually heal fast in matter of weeks so I knew something was off. Anyway, if you can breath okay and your nose looks ok for the most part, you can get a revision.

That's ****ed up. I have no trust in foreign surgeons anymore. I had surgery abroad earlier this year and it ruined me. He did loads of weird **** without my consent and destroyed my nerve canal and nerves. And my nerves usually heal fast in matter of weeks so I knew something was off. Anyway, if you can breath okay and your nose looks ok for the most part, you can get a revision.

yes I can breathe alright (though it's little bit worse than before surgery) and it looks okay if no one knew I had surgery, so I will definitely get a revision one day. because the hard part is building confidence to get surgery again. i am so terrified from the first one. i don't know who I can trust or who is the right doctor to go to anymore. they all lie and cheat you. i had nightmares after my surgery for several months because right before the operation i was scared and was having second thoughts and i told them to wait, but they put me under anesthesia anyways. i remember when i woke up, the anxiety i felt before the operation carried over whenever i woke up and i cried a lot. it was just a bad experience for me. i think doctors are evil.

I got mine done at regen with dr.lee more than a year ago but by now feel absolutely great! I did experience some numbness but I think it was totally gone in few months. So, it isn’t supposed to be permanent for sure and I also don’t think it’s normal not to feel the tip by now. Most probably your doctor messed up and damaged your nerves, try to check it.

I got mine done at regen with dr.lee more than a year ago but by now feel absolutely great! I did experience some numbness but I think it was totally gone in few months. So, it isn’t supposed to be permanent for sure and I also don’t think it’s normal not to feel the tip by now. Most probably your doctor messed up and damaged your nerves, try to check it.

yes the bottom part of the tip of my nose is numb :sad: i can feel it very slightly but it feels distant. like the rest of my nose did when i first got surgery :-/ is there a way for that to be reversed in a revision surgery? :sad:(