How long is your work day?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
I'm finishing up my last week of work... I work on average 12 hours a day. I get into the office around 7, leave around 7 and rarely take lunch because I have a meeting or something else pop up.

I actually don't know anyone my age who works 9 - 5... :shrugs:

I haven't yet mastered the art of working hard and playing hard because when I get home I just want to sleep!

How long is your average work day?

I don't have a job, but I do go to school - so I consider that to be my "work".

Monday & Tuesday: from 6:30am - 6pm
Wednesday - Friday: 4:30am - 4pm

....Basically, I've got 12 hour days every day. Thank goodness I've only got one more semester and then I can transfer!! :biggrin:

I work M-F, from 7:00-3:30, but that doesn't include my almost-hour commute each way, and the fact that I put in an extra half hour or hour some days. I also work overtime on Saturdays, but it's usually only maybe once or twice a month.

So glad I have some time scheduled off for the holidays!

i don't have a fixed work hour. i'm a freelancer producer and stylist for TV commercial ad and music video, so sometimes i get sooo busy like shooting call at 5AM and finished at 9PM, once i was going to the location shoot at 6 am and went home at 12am the next day, so it's like 36 hours straight.
but when i'm not having too many project, i can sit around all day at home and compensate my sleep :P

My official work day is actually only 7 hours, with no set hours. But I'm a salaried employee, so realistically I'm expected to put in as much time as needed to get my work done. But most of the time, 7 or 8 hours in enough to keep up with my workload. Most days I work 9-5 and take at least 30 minutes for lunch. Reading some of these other posts, I guess I have it pretty good:shame:

I think 12 is the new 8 ...lol..

i dont wont but go to school online so my days arent that bad but I do have 2 babies and anyone with toddlers know that your day starts off early and ends late!! my husband on the other hand works night shift from 6pm-6am..so it's 12 hours I think. :smile: plus a 45 minute commute there and back,

TOO LONG!! :rolleyes:
I work from 7:30-4:30 and get every other fridays off...but as someone who just graduated from college, I am definitely NOT used to these Longgggggg torturoussssssss days :sad:

I work at ice cream kiosks and my average work day lasts only about 5 hours. The longest shifts I have are just over 7 hours and the shortest about 4 and half hours (excluding 2 hour shifts when I just come in to wash the soft ice machine). I can't imagine doing what I do for 10-12 hours straight :nuts: