How long is your work day?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm finishing up my last week of work... I work on average 12 hours a day. I get into the office around 7, leave around 7 and rarely take lunch because I have a meeting or something else pop up.

I actually don't know anyone my age who works 9 - 5... :shrugs:

I haven't yet mastered the art of working hard and playing hard because when I get home I just want to sleep!

How long is your average work day?

2. I don't have a job, but I do go to school - so I consider that to be my "work".

Monday & Tuesday: from 6:30am - 6pm
    Wednesday - Friday: 4:30am - 4pm

....Basically, I've got 12 hour days every day. Thank goodness I've only got one more semester and then I can transfer!! :biggrin:

3. I work about 10 hours a day. I'm lucky if I have an 8 hour day. That's not including my almost hour drive to work.

4. I work Monday-Friday from 9-5.

Then I go home and study (I'm doing correspondance) so my days are usually about 12 hours.

5. I work M-F, from 7:00-3:30, but that doesn't include my almost-hour commute each way, and the fact that I put in an extra half hour or hour some days. I also work overtime on Saturdays, but it's usually only maybe once or twice a month.

So glad I have some time scheduled off for the holidays!

6. i don't have a fixed work hour. i'm a freelancer producer and stylist for TV commercial ad and music video, so sometimes i get sooo busy like shooting call at 5AM and finished at 9PM, once i was going to the location shoot at 6 am and went home at 12am the next day, so it's like 36 hours straight.
    but when i'm not having too many project, i can sit around all day at home and compensate my sleep :P

7. My official work day is actually only 7 hours, with no set hours. But I'm a salaried employee, so realistically I'm expected to put in as much time as needed to get my work done. But most of the time, 7 or 8 hours in enough to keep up with my workload. Most days I work 9-5 and take at least 30 minutes for lunch. Reading some of these other posts, I guess I have it pretty good:shame:

8. Oh, my it seems long hours are quite the norm. I hope you all get some rest over the holidays :smile:

9. I think 12 is the new 8 ...lol..

i dont wont but go to school online so my days arent that bad but I do have 2 babies and anyone with toddlers know that your day starts off early and ends late!! my husband on the other hand works night shift from 6pm-6am..so it's 12 hours I think. :smile: plus a 45 minute commute there and back,

10. 10 hours--with a 20+ minute commute each way--we get every other friday off

11. Heehee I work 5 hours a week (usually on Saturdays!!)

but I am also a full time student!

12. I work from 8-5 m-f and go to school full time at night

13. TOO LONG!! :rolleyes:
    I work from 7:30-4:30 and get every other fridays off...but as someone who just graduated from college, I am definitely NOT used to these Longgggggg torturoussssssss days :sad:

14. I work at ice cream kiosks and my average work day lasts only about 5 hours. The longest shifts I have are just over 7 hours and the shortest about 4 and half hours (excluding 2 hour shifts when I just come in to wash the soft ice machine). I can't imagine doing what I do for 10-12 hours straight :nuts:

15. I am a teacher so my work day is 7 hours. That also includes an hour lunch though which is almost unheard of in my area.

AJ