How long does seller have to ship?

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I bought an inexpensive item on ebay and paid immediately using BIN. Sellers listing says they ship within 48 hours of payment. It has been 9 days and they still have not shipped. They said they put the order in with the drop shipper the day after payment. I have ordered several other item and they all shipped with the 48 hours. How long do they have to ship on ebay?

Thanks. They have responded that it takes some shippers longer than others. This seller does have a couple of negs from selling things she does not have...but the 2 things I did get have been great deals and come right away. I will wait a couple more days I guess...

9 days?! Seller should not sell things she does not have ready to ship or will not have ready to ship within the allowed time frame. Time to file a complaint, I say!

unless she states in the auction that it is a drop ship, then they are violating ebay policy, as they need to have the item in hand. i'd report to ebay, and file INR.

Update on this...after 10 days I get a message from the seller that the item has shipped and she leaves positive feedback for me. I still did not get the item or a tracking number as promised. After 14 days I contacted the seller and she then refunds and says she is sorry. No explaination about what happened. So I leave neutral feedback saying you should not sell items you don't have. Now I am getting an ebay message saying the seller wants me to change my feedback to positive as she refunded.
I hate leaving less than positive feedback, but aren't you supposed to be truthful? She has several negs from doing this same thing.

You did the right thing. Actually, you were really nice about it. Some people would have left neg feedback so she should be grateful you left neutral. Don't change it and do not feel bad! I think it is the buyers duty to help other buyers from these things happening to them. If every one felt bad and changed their feedback or left good feedback no one would ever know and they would not be able to look out for themselves. Do you want other people to buy from this seller thinking they are buying from a great seller?

I would not leave positive as other potential buyers need to know her stocking/shipping problems. She had to refund your money as she didn't send you anything- that doesn't warrant pos feedback.

i would have left a negative,too! if she has not been careful after recieving negatives for the same thing in the past then she isn't going to change! and ITA that just because she refunded you your money does not mean she should recieve any positive feedback!