How long does it take your buyers to pay?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Usually buyers have paid instantly for my auctions - my latest one I'm waiting on. It's been 12 hours. I've sent an invoice - but so far nothing. Should I just wait it out?

What's the longest you've waited for a payment?

Well eBay allows 7 days to pay. 12 hours is not long at all- maybe they are a diff time zone, maybe they are away from a computer. Sit tight, I am sure it will all be fine.

80% instantly
15% under 48 hrs
4% on 3rd day
1% over 3 days.

However if I time my auctions to end on the 15th or 30/31st of the month, I get higher chances of instant payment.

I am currently waiting on a payment too. My auction stated that payment should be made in 24 hours, which it has not. Buyer won't answer emails either.

Patience is a virtue and all that!! Do remember that not everyone is sat at their computer waiting for an auction to finish. I could understand being anxious if it was 7 days

I've just dealt with a dilly of an awful buyer! 900+ positive feedbacks and after 12 days her payment still hasn't cleared. Aggressive and nasty. I filed a NPB on her and she's attacked me ever since. My very first buyer to be a pain so 12 hours seems like a piece of cake by comparision. :smile: Good luck

I allow people to pay for my auctions within 3 days, but I recently had someone make me wait almost a week, it was rather annoying because it was the least expensive item I had sold.
But, usually people pay within 24 hours.

So I'm almost at 24 hours with no payment - and no communication. However she is the leading bidder on another item I'm selling that ends on Sunday. Do you think she's waiting to see if she wins that too? I pm'ed her and told her if she does win I won't charge her shipping for that item (since I'd be combining) - but that's no reason for her not to pay for yesterdays auction.

So I'm almost at 24 hours with no payment - and no communication. However she is the leading bidder on another item I'm selling that ends on Sunday. Do you think she's waiting to see if she wins that too? I pm'ed her and told her if she does win I won't charge her shipping for that item (since I'd be combining) - but that's no reason for her not to pay for yesterdays auction.
ITA. If she plans on waiting to see if she wins your other auction she should let you know.

^^Right? ITA. The total of both items is getting close to 1k - so I'm worried that's she
has bidders remorse or something. I sent her a (nice) pm and just asked if she received my invoice and if she has any questions.....

nervous....

it doesn't matter what the seller states in a auction buyers have 7 days to pay...
12 hours and your anxious? wait it out the more you think about it the longer it will seem to take