How long does it take you to wake up?

cocokitty

Aug 3, 2009
I got up two hours ago, and I noticed I finally feel awake. :nuts: I noticed, depending on the day, it takes me between a half hour to two hours to wake up. I just can't wake up and be fully alert. How long does it take you to wake up?

I am actually awake either after I shower, or if I am being woken up by a phone call on a saturday at 7 am and can't fall back asleep, then ususally within an hour I feel 'awake'.

Wow, I am the only morning person so far...I am usually, 'up and at 'em' within 5 -10 minutes of waking. On the flip side, even if I stay up late, I lose focus by about 10 and it takes me awhile to fall asleep.

My husband is a night person, he usually stays up until 12 or 1, alert and awake the whole time. He falls asleep the moment his head hits the pillow...but he takes along time to wake up. He gets up anywhere between 6-8 and heads to work...but when he calls me around 10:30 to say, 'good morning', that's when I know he is awake.

In the summer, or on weekends, I am usually awake pretty soon after I get up because I dont get up until I'm nearly awake lol usually around 7:30am. Once I am up, I have stuff to do like feed the animals, make coffee, etc. so by the time I have moved around that much, I am fine.

Now during school, I have to get up at 6am and have my dd to the bus stop at 6:30am, so I usually dont wake up until around 7-7:30 am after I sit back down with some coffee. I just know that my body's preferred wake-up time is anywhere between 7-8am, so anything earlier than that is just trauma :P