How long does it take you to sell on ebay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    Hi ebay experts, just looking for some feedback as I am getting into the whole designer shoe thing, and like many before me have made the mistake of buy shoes that *I think* will fit from a place I can't return them and then they don't fit so I have to sell them on ebay.

About two weeks ago, I put up a pair of brand new xxx. I week BIN only. I had 15 watchers and no buyers! WTF!! I tried to re-list but I guess ebay is trying to crack down on fakes so since they are so expensive I have to wait 30 days to relist because I'm not a power seller.

In the meantime I have a pair of xxxs that don't fit either and want to sell those, but I'm not looking forward to no buyers and then having to wait months again to re-list, hoping they will sell.

So in this economy, how long is it taking the rest of you? First listing? More than one? Any advice on how to expedite selling (besides free shipping and without taking a huge loss)? Is it worthwhile to consider shipping overseas? I'm nervous from the horror stories, but the only emails I get about my expensive items seem to be from countries other than the US.

Thanks! ;)

2. There is no rhyme or reason why things sell or don't sell on *bay.

You might try listing them with an opening bid of whatever $amount with a best offer

added to it.

You can also do free shipping which is nice to do..insurance over $250 is a must & also

signature confirmation..

I am not too keen on shipping overseas.. too many potential issues, but of course that is your choice.

Give exact measurements, length of tip to heel, inside shoe measurement, height of heel,
    condition etc, so there is no room for error.

Good luck

3. You could also try listing them on bonanzle in the meantime.

4. I wasn't sure about bonanzle - don't know much about it and when I found something there I liked and tried to contact the seller, I never heard back from them. I'm up on the local CraigsList but not expecting anything to come from that. Have you had success with bonanzle?

5. I just opened an account so I have not sold anything yet. It is very easy to set up and can't hurt anything to try, it's free to list.

6. Have had a Bonanzle account for a couple of months...but it tends to be slow for some reason....and most buyers are looking for lower prices than you'd be willing to sell. But i sold a few items....