How long does it take you to do your makeup (on average)?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, my friends think it's weird that I spend about 20 minutes doing my makeup. They think that's too long. I never thought that was really out of the ordinary, so I'm wondering- how long do you ladies spend on your makeup everyday? Obviously I'm not talking the days when you're running late, slap on some mascara and run out the door- just in general.

2. Hmm, I'd say 5-10 minutes usually, but if I'm relaxing/taking my time and going for a more glam look, it could be anywhere from 15-30 minutes! :smile: Some of my good friends are very low maintenance and think the fact that I apply makeup everyday is, in and of itself, pretty nuts. :P

3. mostly 5-10min, before I go out at night it can be up to 30min

4. Probably 15 minutes, including the time it takes to let my primer dry before putting on Bare Minerals foundation :smile:

5. I spend about 15-20 minutes doing my makeup each day. But I really enjoy the whole experience of putting on makeup...so I probably take longer than I should. I do it faster if I'm in a hurry.

6. About 10 minutes if I'm doing a general every day look, but if I'm doing a more full on look probably about 20 minutes.

7. A few months ago 5 minutes but since I started reading this section of the forum, it now takes me 10 minutes! From the rant and raves section, I read about better eyeliners like the Urban Decay 24/7 and the Too Faced shadow insurance. I also started using Bare Escentuals this past summer. Now I'm on the hunt for a good mascara!

8. For the everyday/work look, it takes me about 20 min. If I'm going out it can take up to an hour, depending on the look I'm going for.

9. I don't know how you all get your look done in 5 to 10 minutes. The fastest I have done is 15 minutes. Usually it's 25 to 30 minutes, and sometimes even as long as about 40 to 45 minutes.

10. #10 Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    5-7 minutes

I don't usually wear that much on a regular basis. Concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush and that's it. My mascara takes the longest b/c I do lots of coats. Lol

11. Going out? 20 minutes more or less depending on what look I'm going for
    Daily? less than 10 minutes

12. 10-15 minutes. I'm a perfectionist and want it to look right even though I don't wear a lot!

13. 5-8 minutes on average

14. 5-10 minutes for everyday looks; 15 minutes or so for something more elaborate.

15. I usually take around 15 or 20 minutes.