How Long does a Monogram usually last you?

armanigirl

O.G.
Jul 31, 2007
Ok well...i've been sitting here thinking...and i realized something......i am a bag FREAK..more than i should be considering that i'm just a college student but it seems as though my bags only last me 1 year before something happens to it or it's not as attractive to me anymore.

For example....my FIRST expensive bag that i bought was the LV papillon 26....used it for about a year, then the leather got darker (which a lot of people like) then i just got tired of that barrel shape and NEver used it again after a year....then..i bought a gucci chain hobo & gucci abbey tote both in monogram fabric....it's been a year since i had those and the fabric is fringing a bit at the bottom of the bag and sagging because i throw A LOT of heavy things in them so kind of lost its lustre after a year even though i try to be gentle with it....anyway....after a year or so do any of you want to replace your bags with a *BRAND* new one? i'm eyeing the neverfull and for its price..it's a GREAT price and i'm no millionare but i feel kind of bad because my bags are all starting to lose its shape such as my Gucci's.......but for some reason i get tired of my bags so easily that i use it for 6 months to a year....then to never use them again...is this normal???!!! ah whats wrong with me! lol

Try rotating your bags, so you don't carry the same ones all the time... I change bags about every week. I would get sick of the same bag for 6 straight months too! So nothing is wrong with you :smile:

I always rotate bags so I don't use one TOO much. I do have to say that my MOCA Neverfull MM and my BH get the most use though since they're larger and I tote around all my school stuff in them.

I learnt how to maintain vachetta from the SA. she told me to wrap the vachetta parts in plastic when not in use, the kind that your Speedy handles come in when brand new.
It prevents the handles from ageing that fast, and to wipe away the "black" dirt on handles, you just have to use baby wipes.

I did the same thing as you! After being on tPF and seeing the pristine conditions of bags most members have I became more careful. My poor Balenciaga First went through a rough time for awhile :sad: Now I try to switch my bags out every couple months or even weeks, and I'm more alert of what's happening to my bags :smile:

Rotation is good, and this length of time (you take to get bored) will only get shorter (thanks to the TPF!!!)!! LOL!! At least for me anways!! Great for my collection, but not so much for the bank account. So you're totally normal!!

i carry my bag about once a week
but ive only had it for about 3 months ?
im hoping it`ll last me for another year
and after this i dont think i want another mono piece in a while
thinking about the patina drives me crazy
i like fresh clean new virgin patina
i think im gonna move on to daimer

I have to say I get that way sometimes too! That is why I try and rotate my bags on a pretty regular basis... maybe every week or two! That way when you pull out a new one you are excited about it all over again!