How long do you wait to leave feedback?

Junkenpo

Maui Strong...♥️
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
I use ebay for buying more than for selling... as a buyer I usually leave positive feedback with a day or so of recieving it (assuming there are no problems, if any concerns, I shoot an email right away).... but I recently sold an item and it's been over a week since I got delivery confirmation on the item.... and I haven't heard anything from the buyer. No emails or feedback.

Should I send an email to follow up and ask if there are any concerns and ask about feedback? Or do I just let it go?

IMHO you should just let it go. Not all buyers leave feedback. By contacting your buyer, you MAY tick her off, or open the door to a minor complaint that she was not going to contact you about. Or get her thinking about asking for a refund. IME if there's any kind of problem, the buyer contacts the seller almost immediately.

Lots of buyers don't bother leaving feedback. If it is important to you to build up your seller feedback, you could send one email as follow-up on customer satisfaction and request the buyer leave you positive feedback. If it doesn't matter, I'd just let sleeping dogs lie and not bother.

Don't email and possibly open the door to complaints......let sleeping dogs lie.

As a seller I no longer leave FB until my buyer does. I never feel quite right about doing this, but for a while I was leaving FB and hardly getting any in return. So I leave the ball in their court...if they would like FB, they have to leave it first. I always include a note with everything I sell, thanking my buyer for their purchase, and then asking them to let me know when they receive the item so we can leave each other positive FB. Most buyers understand this to mean they need to leave it first, in order to receive it. And most do. But not all.

When I am the buyer, I usually leave it within a few days, emailing the seller, letting them know I was happy and left them a positive and if they would please do the same for me.

Thanks for the replies!

This is only 3rd item I've ever listed as a seller, but all 3 have been designer name items... and it would've been nice to have that acknowledged. The buyer paid quickly (item ended on a weekend day) I shipped that monday... all in all a textbook positive transaction, i think.

As a buyer, i never expect the seller to leave feedback until I did... i always thought that was completely reasonable. I guess the next time I list anything to sell, i'll include that in my description just to be clear.

I guess I'll chalk it up as a learning experience... thanks again for the opinions. :hugs:

I agree it is frustrating not to get feedback, but it will happen. Unfortunantly is another cost to doing business. Sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. I totally agree with everyone who says let it be. You may open pandora's box.

I leave FB immediately...usually the same day an item arrives. This is a business for some people, a livelihood, and they take FB seriously. Like a "pride in their business" type of thing. A good Ebay seller deserves a response...IMHO!

And you might still get that FB, some people are not on ebay all the time and leave it when they remember, or when they can. I've had people leave it for me weeks after a transaction, so you never know.

It's hard when you are trying to build up your feed back and no one leaves it. I know how you feel.

I've had buyers leave me feedback a month after they bought the item. I typically leave feedback to buyers immediately after they pay...because they've done their job. And as a buyer, I leave feedback for the seller after I receive the item and used it once. I think that's only fair. Just depends on the person.

I sold an item on March 9th, shipped it immediately. Paypal put a hold on the payment because I'm not a frequent seller which was fine with me. I updated the tracking number in Paypal because when I sold an item last time, Paypal actually released the Fund a couple of days after the item was delivered, before a feedback was left on ebay. Unfortunately, I put the tracking number in wrong this time and just realized that a couple of days ago. My payment is still on hold until March 30th. I contacted the buyer last week and asked if she could leave me a feedback so Paypal can release my Fund and if she sastisfied with the transaction. To make my story even longer, buyer asked me to ship it to her mom's address, which I did because she seemed nice and I guess that I was being understanding since I myself am never home to sign for an item so if her mom could do it for her, that would be helpful. Well, buyer told me last Thurday, March 25, that she hasn't made it to her mom's and would leave the feedback after this weekend when she finally sees the item. Maybe she has a perfect reason for not being able to visit her mom for 3 weeks, but I find the whole situation to be frustrating as the seller to have to wait a long time for a feedback. I don't really need the money right away or anything but it was an valuable item and it would be nice to know if the transaction had gone through smoothly. I would rather deal with any issue it might occur right away than having had to wait this long and still don't know if buyer is happy or not.