How long do repairs take?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. sorry to keep posting about repairs but I was ondering how long it takes?

2. my mother's repairs took about 2-3 weeks i think but i can't remember......they did a great job tho :P

3. Bonsoir, I've sent my Speey 30 to the LV boutique in Toulouse (France) for changing handles (too dark). It will take 4 weeks.

4. LVLover, just out of curiousity, is the repair regarding the colour of the brass corners fading? Because I remember you recently posted a thread asking if anyone experienced that happening on their LV bags.

5. I just had 2 handle replacements on 2 Reade pm bags, they took 6 weeks.

6. Took mine about a month or so.

7. I asked to have the zipper replaced on my black pochette and it took a month.

8. When they replace the handles, do they replace the triangle-shaped thingies that the handles attach to? Or, is that a different repair?
    I bought a new speedy to replace a very old and worn one, and got a water mark on that triangle part before I even got out of the house with it. Ugh!!

9. eyelove: Yes!! I brought may bag in today and I was told that they were going to take a picture of the area then email the pic to the repairs dept. to see if the corner piece could be replaced. 2 SA's told me that they had never seen the finish wear off to show silver, but I have it on my white MC speedy and keepall and by blue and white l'fab. I'm gonna be PO if they won't replace the hardware. I don't care if I have to pay (which I think is BS if I do) I just want it fixed. By the way all of these bag are not even 1 year old.

10. oh man that just is not right!!!!

11. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your bags! Quite frankly, I think these defects are inexcusable, considering the prices that we, as buyers, are paying for these bags (eg, one Le Fabuleux is $3250 US, and if I converted it into Canadian dollars after tax, it's almost $4500).

Very disappointing...

I hope the repairs turn out well!

12. I'll keep you all updated. I'm supposed to be getting a call today. I'm feeling so anxious, I just want answers!:sad::cry::weird:

13. I had to have the bottom panel of a Mat bag replaced. I sent it to LV 5th Avenue and they had to send it to San Dimas. It was gone for around 3 months.

14. Too bloody long! (pardon my french). It's been 6 weeks. Ive called them 3 times. hey keep saying they will call me when its (my trapeze) ready. Grrr.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice