how long do i wait before....

Ceeyahd

Ceeyahd
O.G.
May 10, 2012
I made an ebay purchase 1/30 and promptly paid for item... then I recv message from seller saying item is packaged and ready toship but she will be leaving for trip early in morning but will ship out on Monday (yeaterday).... I. Have heard nothing from her, so last I sent off a message saying.... hope ur trip was a pleasent one and please notify me as soon as u ship my bag, inclusive of tracking info, etc, etc (etc for this post) thanks.

No response, nada. Today I go on ebay to her profile and she has two new items listed. So I am not too happy. I have only ever purcchased three times via ebay and now I don't know what to do. I started to send her a message asking what the hey, time to list stuff, but no time to even update me about shipping my item? Decided not to send any message while I'm. This p*ssed. I want my item, damn. According to her profile she lives 45 min from me.... so now i may be being scammmed, and when do I decide that I am? I really wanted this bag for the wknd, and now I. Am worried about the whole darn transaction. Thanks for letting me vent and any suggestions wud be appreciated.... oh her. Ebay score is 100% for 106 sales

You can e-mail your seller asking her to provide shipping/tracking info nicely.
And suggest you do it via ebay's mail system.

You have no way of knowing if the packaged hasn't been shipped.

You mention the seller lives 45 minutes away from you, so hopefully
your package should arrive by end of week.

If you need your package sooner, you should have told the seller to
ship your package priorty ( 2-3 days)

Sit tight, your seller may get back to you sooner than you think & you can also
try to contact her via doing advanced search on ebay & her info should
come up... (contact information for seller) since you appear to be anxious
for shipping info..

Her feedback is positive, why are you thinking you might be scammed??

Keep us posted

^^^ I was thinking that they may be scheduled, too.

She may have forgotten or neglected to include tracking info and is still on vacation. But if she shipped it yesterday, it probably hasn't arrived. Sometimes things can take several days to ship, even when the destination is only a few miles away! Consider it goes to the local PO, get sorted, goes to a main PO, gets sorted, sits a day or so, gets sorted again, goes back to the local PO, gets sorted again, and then finally makes its way to your doorstep.

You say she has positive feedback so keep calm and don't assume it is a scam just yet. I do hope you get your bag for the weekend!

Thanks for both responses... ebay is so new to me. The other. Purchases I received shipping info right away so I thought that was part of ebay action/automatic. So when I recvd no shipping info or tracking number it concerned me. I didn't think of the mentionn for a need/want for the bag before this wknd cause other few purchases were so immediate. Perhaps I have assumed much, all learning experiences. I'm glad. This ebay forum is available for experiences shared for learning etc. So far ebay has been. A great opportunity. My first experience was afke my husband. Purchased and he does much on on ebay, he recvd a refund. So I hope for the best always.... thank you

Also, I want to say I appreciate that being such a novice to ebay I have much to learn and appreciate the responses. I will read this forum tonight so I'm not thetype of purchaser that is a horror to deal with, lol.... seriously. Ebay can be scary. In general I absolutely love the purse forum, so much info on bags I have learned. Those of you that are always here to authenticate and/or offer your knowledge so wonderful. Thank you.

A good thing to also know is that, per the rules of eBay, a seller has a total of seven days to ship your item. So it is possible (though very rare thanks to the pressures of detailed seller ratings) that you may not receive a tracking update on an item until after seven days have passed! Ebay won't even allow you to claim a non-receipt dispute until after that time frame.

If a seller doesn't print their postage through Ebay/PP you won't get an automatic notification of shipping. I think the seller has to go in and manually mark it as shipped or send an email. I recently had a purchase where the seller sent the DC # in an email that got completely overlooked.

She sent mess that she shipped out today and would be sending me tracking info.... nothing else has been messaged to me. So probably the other few purchases I've made through eBay the sellers all just were on it and communicated very promptly, almost simultaneously upon the payment , so that is/was my expectation. I thought that is how it "worked". I am a reasonable person, I am a novice on eBay. But she did send a short note that she would be shipping today and following up with me on the tracking number. I decided to respond with a thank you when the tracking number came, so I will wait. I buy from an online consignment business and they always every time don't ship out when they say they will, never. I've had to call them and ask.... days later and hear oooops. I end up with expedited shipping for free. But I know, always that I will get my purchase, lol. Thanks to all that responded, sincerely

She sent mess that she shipped out today and would be sending me tracking info.... nothing else has been messaged to me. So probably the other few purchases I've made through eBay the sellers all just were on it and communicated very promptly, almost simultaneously upon the payment , so that is/was my expectation. I thought that is how it "worked". I am a reasonable person, I am a novice on eBay. But she did send a short note that she would be shipping today and following up with me on the tracking number. I decided to respond with a thank you when the tracking number came, so I will wait. I buy from an online consignment business and they always every time don't ship out when they say they will, never. I've had to call them and ask.... days later and hear oooops. I end up with expedited shipping for free. But I know, always that I will get my purchase, lol. Thanks to all that responded, sincerely

I find that a lot of sellers do not ship right away. I do, even if I'm sick, I get someone to take the package to the post office for me. Not everyone is that way. Sometimes I have shipped same day, sometimes next day, depending upon when they paid and when the post office closes. I say that I ship 1 day after payment to be sure.

Many online stores, such as Dillards and Nordstrom don't ship out right away (they sometimes take up to a week to ship, then another week to arrive), and some ship the next day or two, depending on the site.

If a seller doesn't print their postage through Ebay/PP you won't get an automatic notification of shipping. I think the seller has to go in and manually mark it as shipped or send an email. I recently had a purchase where the seller sent the DC # in an email that got completely overlooked.
The shipping info was included in her listing, inclusive of the amount and shipper and estimated arrival date. What got me concerned was the immediate response upon my purchase that she was leaving town,, but would ship Monday, and then no update yesterday, which was the day she said she would be available to ship. So her listing info on the shipping was misleading, even if eBay allows seven days for seller to ship, if one states shipping criteria in the listing, the I thought that is what was to be expected, and didn't have any snit at her about the abrupt notice of her not being around to ship... until Monday came and went with the sound of crickets. Life happens, things come up.... perhaps being new to this I had an internal oh shi* moment that was not needed. EBay is scary, yet has been very good to me as a purchaser within my minimal experience. At the very least this particular purchase was not the most costly item, see I even went there, in attempting to calm myself in case in was going to have drama to deal with. You eBay old timers are probably rolling your eyes at me, lol.