How long do I mess around with this SNAD?

denton

a guy
O.G.
May 4, 2012
I bought a pair of Prada flame shoes, listed as 38-1/2 NIB. I just get them, they are 39-1/2.

Here's the auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120953639427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here's what the seller says:
"How can it be a sz 9.5? I only had 1 shoe like this and it is the one in the photo and by looking at the last photo of the sz you can clearly see its 38.5 plus I take insole measurements of each shoe at the time of listing and it states 10" that is the length of a sz 8.5 not a 9.5 so I don't know how you could have gotten a 9.5 if I never had one in that sz."

I'll agree with her that at that angle, the last image of the shoe bottom could be a 38-1/2. Then again it could be a 39-1/2. But the box is more clear.

So, I've taken photos and put them on line, and have emailed her back the following:

"Greetings:

Let's forget about the American sizes and the length of the insole and stick with the Euro sizes as that is how these shoes are labeled and sold. Looking at your last photo, the insole does appear of first glance to be 38-1/2. But when I download it and blow it up in Photoshop and sharpen and rotate it, it is more clearly a 39-1/2. I do a lot of photography so I am pretty good at these things. Here is a link to YOUR photo, blown up.
http://www.pbase.com/dentontay/image/145011962

The box tho is very clear. Here is a link to the label of the box. Both the box and the label are clearly 39-1/2.
http://www.pbase.com/dentontay/image/145011874

Here's a link to my very clear photo of the bottom of the shoe, showing 39-1/2.
http://www.pbase.com/dentontay/image/145011877

This photo doesn't show much except the 39-1/2, the box, and the shoes.
http://www.pbase.com/dentontay/image/145011886

I've bought a few of these Flame shoes (check my feedback) and I know that my wife's correct size is 38-1/2. I will have her try these on when she comes home, and if they happen to fit we will keep them. But at a whole size too large, I doubt it.

If they don't fit, I trust I can return them for a full refund plus shipping."

(Feel free to look at the pics, of course.)

If she still claims they are 38-1/2, should I just go ahead and file a SNAD, and is it better to do so with PP or ebay?

I can see clearly the photo in the listing is showing the marking of 39 1/2. But it's true that the 9 looks very 8 on the shoes. I think because the seller is a power seller who is selling various size shoes, maybe he/she didn't pay close attention to those and assumed they were size 38.5.
I would file claim via eBay. This is an easy case. You should be able to return and receive the refund with no issue.
They are beautiful. Too bad that they are wrong size :sad:

I agree that you should be able to return them since they are not the size that was advertised. I would give the seller at least a few more days to respond. Since the seller is relatively high volume, they may not be able to get to correspondences right away.

OP's situation inspired me to go look at my shoes. I range from 39-40 and have over a dozen pair of Prada and Miu Miu shoes/sandals. Some of mine are 39, 391/2 and 40. I just looked at the soles with stamped 39 or 39-1/2 and both Prada and Miu Miu "9" look exactly as OP pictures do. It is clearly a "9" to my eyes (wearing glasses), however it could easily be mistaken for an "8" to someone in a hurry or with less than perfect vision. The opening on the 9 on the stamp is not very big, if that makes sense. I think the seller just made unintentional oversight/error on sizing and should be held accountable. If they don't fit and size on listing is wrong, that is not the buyers problem. Of course, from what I understand based on public knowledge, eBay generally sides with buyer anyway.

I agree that you should be able to return them since they are not the size that was advertised. I would give the seller at least a few more days to respond. Since the seller is relatively high volume, they may not be able to get to correspondences right away.

IrisCole, I just love your ebay posts, you are so non-confrontational, oil-on-troubled waters.

The first response I got from the seller I got right away, I haven't heard since. Maybe she's looking thru her records to see what she bought.

I'm more than willing to give her some time, and will. I was just a little worried at the tone of her answer which, as you might put it, suggested I had made a mistake, or as I might put it, called me a liar. lol

If it was me, I would have said, gee, I could have sworn those were a 38-1/2 when I shipped them, can you help me figure out what went wrong by emailing me photos of the box and shoe sole?

I'll let everyone know how it goes. Maybe I'll get lucky and the shoes will fit. And if the shoe fits, wear it :smile:

Things are looking up, I heard from the seller, who says:

"Oh my no way! I'm so sorry! I don't know how I mist it! Sorry! Let me know if they don't work out"

Just like to inform everybody that the seller received the shoes yesterday, refunded me today, and added $19 for my shipping costs back. IOW, lookatyou* is an excellent seller, if we consider that stuff happens to everyone!

So thanks everyone for your advice and assistance.

Just like to inform everybody that the seller received the shoes yesterday, refunded me today, and added $19 for my shipping costs back. IOW, lookatyou* is an excellent seller, if we consider that stuff happens to everyone!

So thanks everyone for your advice and assistance.

Awesome, and thanks for letting us know the name of someone who is on the good side for a change. :smile:

So happy it all worked out and the seller was so very understanding and went beyond.