How long did you want an LV before you got one?

Serina

Handbags and Horses
Jul 4, 2009
I was an LV groupie for years before getting one. Years of being a tPFer and and drooling over other peoples reveals... Than this spring I got my speedy 35... and since than Ive gotten 4 bags this YEAR! And im constantly looking for more... Its a dangerous addiction....

Hmmm... been a bag-a-holic for many years, mainly Mulberry bags. Then moved to Tokyo Japan in 2005, and the rest is history!! Saw luxury bags everywhere and wanted my share of the glam: Came home 2009 with several LVs and some Chanel flaps. :love:

Still looking for "the perfect bag"!

i was eyeing lv for 2 months before i got my first...
now i have 2 bags, agenda and a wallet. it's true what they said, "once you start, you just can't stop anymore!"

I got my first LV in 2007, a Speedy 40. I was a waiter at a hotel... and when I saw it online a few months before, I knew I had to save and save for it. I saved for like 2-3 months, and then I was able to buy it in June. Not even 2 weeks later I bought the Abbesses messenger bag. :lolots:

Its nice to see that others had to wait for their bags as well... on tPF (with all the reveals and amazing collections) it sometimes feels like Im the only one who has to... :shame:

Its nice to see that others had to wait for their bags as well... on tPF (with all the reveals and amazing collections) it sometimes feels like Im the only one who has to... :shame:

Aww, don't ever feel like that. A lot of people on here have to save for their items, but I know that it doesn't seem that way. I used to let the forum run my pockets, instead of me running my pockets. What I mean by that is, in the past I would buy things out of impulse rather than actually wanting them. Now-a-days I really research what I want, make a list and cross things off as I go. Prior to my purchases this past week, my last purchase was in January.

I would LOVE to have an income where I could buy LV everyday, but then life would not be as fun anymore. I like the 'challenge' of having to put money away to do what I want.

Enjoy each and every piece! :hugs:

Aww, don't ever feel like that. A lot of people on here have to save for their items, but I know that it doesn't seem that way. I used to let the forum run my pockets, instead of me running my pockets. What I mean by that is, in the past I would buy things out of impulse rather than actually wanting them. Now-a-days I really research what I want, make a list and cross things off as I go. Prior to my purchases this past week, my last purchase was in January.

I would LOVE to have an income where I could buy LV everyday, but then life would not be as fun anymore. I like the 'challenge' of having to put money away to do what I want.

Enjoy each and every piece! :hugs:

ITA... waiting does enhance the joy when you get a long-lusted-after item:biggrin: I love my bags to death and I dont think Id feel that way if I could just walk into LV at any time and but whatever I wanted without thinking.

Well I've always admired LV, I remember liking it in high school but I REALLY became attached to it around '09. I got my first LV Christmas Eve '11, my dream purse, speedy 25 azur! :love: I honestly never thought I would own an LV, so it's like a dream come true.

I believe most of us here at tPF have to wait a while before pulling the trigger... I´m sure there are some members who really can afford all the bags they crave for, but the majority is saving some money aside and anxiously waiting for the right time! :yes:

I have to save for my purchases too. Before I got my first LV I pretty much just drooled over other peoples' LVs for maybe a few months... then at 21 I pulled the trigger and purchased my first, a Tivoli GM. The addiction hasn't stopped since.

My first LV was a 6 credit card slot wallet in Monogram. Then my dad gave me my 2nd LV which was a credit card holder (discontinued item). And the rest was history. :P OMG i had to stop this poisonous addiction. :P

I honestly can't remember...I bought my first LV about 8/9 years ago which was a Mono Speedy 35....I think I may have waited about a couple of months before finally decided to walk into the LV flagship store on Bloor St in T.O and made my purchase. After that, I made 3 other purchases within the year and didn't buy anything else until 2010. Last year I went crazy and brought 4 items within a few months timespan but I think I am now content with my collection...I don't forsee buying any more handbags for many months....SLGS are another story! :graucho: