How Long Did You Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetluxe

Feb 12, 2017
Please forgive this total newbie. My one and only Hermes piece is a bastia coin purse that I bought for myself on my birthday last week. I was so impressed with the craftsmanship, the SA and the store, that I'm wanting to go back for more. To my husband's dismay and my surprise, I found myself wishing to own a Birkin or Kelly, most likely a Kelly one day. I come from humble beginnings, but have reached a point in my life where I am able to indulge in luxury items. As we have 2 kids and retirement to think about, I have to save for all my luxury purchases and carefully curate what I do get. I know everyone's experience is different, but can you all share how long it took to finally get your Birkin or Kelly and the lengths that you had to go through to get one? I'm willing to wait, but just wanted to know if I am being realistic or naive about it all.

Welcome to Hermes! If you could please do a search there are many existing threads on this, including store specific ones. It's important to know the process at your own store as that varies considerably from location to location. Some sell to walk-ins; some do not. Some offer coveted bags to new customers; some don't. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.