How long did you go without...

monkeechu

O.G.
May 15, 2009
Using a particular item in your collection?

I have items I haven't used in YEARS... Not because I do not like them, but because I don't want to wear them out or ruin them. Like my Cherry Blossom Papillon has not come out of her box in almost 8 years! :shucks:

Just wondering if I'm the only one. :angel:

I haven't used my gorgeous White Multicolor Murakami Speedy 30 in over 10 years. I love it, I just don't use it. But it's way to special to me to sell it. I get it out and play around with it every now and then.

Maybe I should load her up and use her again. :P

I have items I haven't used in YEARS... Not because I do not like them, but because I don't want to wear them out or ruin them. Like my Cherry Blossom Papillon has not come out of her box in almost 8 years! :shucks:

WOWZERS! That's a very long time! If I haven't used something in that long, it wouldn't matter to me if it was gone/sold. That's just me. We're not gonna be able to take these items when we pass, mind as well use them now and enjoy them while you can. IMO. I try to rotate all my bags and if there is one that hasn't been rotated or used I try to use it again and if it's still something I don't like or not useful to me, I'd have to sell.
I'm not trying to be a hoarder.

WOWZERS! That's a very long time! If I haven't used something in that long, it wouldn't matter to me if it was gone/sold. That's just me. We're not gonna be able to take these items when we pass, mind as well use them now and enjoy them while you can. IMO. I try to rotate all my bags and if there is one that hasn't been rotated or used I try to use it again and if it's still something I don't like or not useful to me, I'd have to sell.
I'm not trying to be a hoarder.

Yes, this is true. But I want my heirs to have the MC Speedy I mentioned above. Not just yet, but some day. :Presents

I haven't used my Mono Speedy 35 and Mini Looping bag in at least 5-6 years.

My MC Pochette hasn't been used for 8 yrs or so, reason is that it's in really bad shape.
The outside is faded and the interior is really filthy, I should've taken better care of it.

I also haven't used my DE NF MM in a very long time but I'm going to lend that to my younger sister so she can use when she goes to University. I also gifted her my old Mono Ludlow Wallet which I haven't used since I brought my Vernis ZCP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm good question, my Azur NF GM and pochette nm are stored away for the fall and winter and sometimes I forget about them even in spring/summer lol so I'd say probably a year? I try to be really good about rotating and my collection is still small enough that every piece gets love.

I have a fairly small collection so for me to not use a bag in over a year would be a pretty big deal. I rotate my Neverfull DE MM fairly frequently with my Speedy 35 Monogram, which I just received as a birthday gift this past June. I carried my Speedy 35 more toward the beginning of the summer, and then started carrying my Neverfull and black Longchamp again. But just last night I was thinking that it's been maybe a month since I carried my Speedy, and so I plan to rotate her back in again today.

Once I start the new school year I may not carry some of my bags at all for awhile, because until I get my preowned Neverfull MM Mono that I can not baby, I don't want to bring any LV to work.

Though I haven't used my French Co. Speedy 30 in years, I don't feel it counts for this though, because I don't see it as an actual bag I should be using. I want to preserve it and I'll never get rid of it because it was a gift from my grandmother when I was a teenager, and my first LV.

I do try to keep my bags in rotation but I do have favorites and some I am really careful choosing because of weather or what I'm wearing. I've sold most of the ones that I finally figured out were gorgeous but just not right for me. That's a habit that hopefully I've quit. I'm most careful with my Mon Mono NF and Petite Noe. I want them both to patina beautifully and even so I don't wear them as much as my DE NF for example.

Same as the above I try to rotate all of my bags. If there is a bag that I do not use for a long period of time I will look at it and also think about selling it. I know sometimes there is sentimental value but if it's not being used it has to go. This way I can purchase something that I will use. I do limit myself in the number of bags that I accumulate so that I can make sure I use all of my bags. Too many bags you will not be able to use them all and something ends up sitting that is not being used. This is too much money to spend on a bag that is not being used. I may call my bag collection a collection but to me (I did say to me) a collection is really something that you set on the shelf to be seen and not used or touched - to admire. I want to use and enjoy my bags. I have limited myself to having eight big bags and maybe five small bags such as the pouchette. I may go as high as 10 big bags thus adding two more big bags to my eight bags but that's pretty much the limit. SLG's and maybe some charms is what I will add right now. I buy my bags to use and wear not take out to admire every once in a while then put back.

Before LV I owned 39 coach bags and 20 Dooney and Bourke I do not want to get back to this. There was no way I was able to use all of those bags and there were definitely bags that sat. I sold every last one of those bags and did make money off of them but I just do not want to get back there.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
I also have downsized my purse collection in favor of better quality bags over time so most of my purses get some love!

The one that probably gets the least use though is my Vernis pochette. I keep her in a dustbag in my box of clutches so I sometimes forget that she's there 🙈

Nope! Me too! :P

I have Never used my Cerises 25 speedy, my Denim patchwork speedy nor my Fav bag the MC Fringe speedy 25! :cloud9: Still all Brand New sitting in their boxes! :whistle:
I won't even go into the rest that still sit packed away! and Never used! :nuts:

I bucket my bags into 3..... Work bags (structured and usually my top handles...my Speedies, Almas, Brea to name a few....), Travel and week-end (usually my cross bodies like Cartouchiere, Evas, Hermes Herbag backpacks) and Lincoln Center/Carnegie Hall purses (I go at least once a week; where I use my vintage LVs and Chanels, my LEs the most)... With this scheme, I use a good number of them within a span of 2 years.... but not all....I still a few that I have not used for 3 years!

My least used LV is my Limited Edition Ange in patent damier. I usually reserve it for weddings and black tie events (like the once a year opening gala concert nights). Maybe 3x a year max? I recently used it in Edinburgh, Scotland for my fiend's wedding. Here are some pics from my Instagram account...ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408330576.510596.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408330614.592252.jpg