How long before ...?

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
I just wanted to know how long it takes for patina to set in? I got my Galliera for about a month now and been using it everyday in school yet the vachetta is still that "light-but-kinda-pinkish" color. I dont understand. Since Ive been using it all the time it shud be brown by now right? Or am I wrong... And its fairly hot here where I live so shudnt the patina be REAL DARK by now?

I searched the FAQ thread about patina but none of them mention how long it actually takes. Can someone help me please? I would greatly appreciated it.

Im just tired of waking up everyday and running to look if my Galliera is turning darker and it isnt :sad:

I've had my poppincourt for about 4 years now, used it mostly weekends. It's a bit darker than honey color now. I think it would take a bit more time for yours to patina. Enjoy it as it would slowly change colors if you continue using it everyday..perhaps in a couple of months!

Thanks for the replies!

I have tons of LV bags but I've never used any of them as much as I use the Galliera (it's such a stylishly practical bag!). Thats why I thought after a month of excessive use it would be really dark honey patina by now. Guess I was wrong :sad:

I cant wait though! Ive never seen a Galliera with patina and im sure it'll be gorgeous!