How long before seller should ship?

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I try to always ship the next day after payment. Does it make you mad if a seller waits 3 or 4 days to ship? Especially if you pay on a Monday or Tuesday?

Yep, I get totally PO'd when sellers take forever to ship. I try to ship the next day (if not the same day), no matter if the item sold for $10 or $10,000. I think it's common courtesy.

Then again, if the buyer takes a week to pay, I don't rush as much. ;)

I try to always ship the next day after payment. Does it make you mad if a seller waits 3 or 4 days to ship? Especially if you pay on a Monday or Tuesday?

Only if they list it in their auction does it bother me. A lot of sellers will state in their auctions that they only ship on Wednesdays and Saturdays, for example. Then at least I know up front that if it's a Monday, it'll be a few days. But if they don't disclose that and they take their sweet little time, then yes, it drives me crazy!

I ship the following morning after a cleared payment has been received (my post office opens at 8AM and closes at 3:30PM). My pet peeve is when I pay immediately and the seller ships a week later.

I ship the following morning after a cleared payment has been received (my post office opens at 8AM and closes at 3:30PM). My pet peeve is when I pay immediately and the seller ships a week later.

I'm with you on that one, archygirl. Drives me crazy. That's typically with a seller who has so much business (over 10,000+ feedback rating) that they can't handle it. That is not cool! But, I guess I have the option of not buying from them. Hmmm.:cursing:

I did a BIN on Monday. The seller required HER payment right away. Here it is Thursday and still no notice. I asked yesterday and was told they would try to ship on Thursday. They have had their money since Monday...and never did send me a message saying when it would ship. I just don't understand why some sellers don't at least send a message saying, hey thanks for the payment. I'll ship the day after tomorrow or something...especially with the feedback change. OK...I feel better now.

I did a BIN on Monday. The seller required HER payment right away. Here it is Thursday and still no notice. I asked yesterday and was told they would try to ship on Thursday. They have had their money since Monday...and never did send me a message saying when it would ship. I just don't understand why some sellers don't at least send a message saying, hey thanks for the payment. I'll ship the day after tomorrow or something...especially with the feedback change. OK...I feel better now.

jm: I also believe in good communication with my buyers. With invoice, I thank them for purchase. If they pay fast, I send them follow up email immediately stating that I will ship package out following morning, via service and will send tracking information. Then, I DO ship. If they don't pay within the 3 days after auction closes, I send a very polite email thanking them again and reminding them that I will ship item as soon as I receive payment. My buyers have always paid soon after that email. I then send them the email letting them know I will ship following morning. I get to PO at 8:00AM (yes, they know me there and I am a bit anal), and send out package/s. As soon as I get to work, I send them tracking info. To me, that is the way it should be done. Even if you do a lot of business with fleabay, it only takes a moment to send email (or set up to have someone else do it for you...):tup:

I normally ship same day or next day if they win it at night.

Yet somehow this still isn't fast enough for some buyers. THEY waited 2 days to pay (so I didn't ship until 2 days later, fair is fair and I wanted to make sure the payment cleared), THEY chose media mail (which takes 2-9 days but is cheaper) and they received it 7 days later and say that I'm "not super fast to ship." Like I was the one taking the cross-country trip to deliver it to them, not the post office people.
UGH. :cursing:

Oh and I email the buyer right after I send the item which again, is normally same day or the next day and request that they let me know when they receive it. Very few ever do. :tdown:

I usually do BIN in both buying and selling so I try to ship mine the same day or the next biz day. When I buy something, I know that I want it NOW, haha, so I try to give my buyers the fastest service I can.

I post out the same day or day after payment. I pass the post office on they way to pick up the children. But I do understand that some people work and it is harder to send so quickly. I think it is good courtesy for them to state this i their auction though

I try always to ship within 2-3 days of auction end. Because of my job I cannot always ship next day, though I try to do that. I also travel a lot for my job so if I know I have a trip around auction end I do include that in my listing. If I am delayed from my normal timeframe I always email the buyer to let them know what is going on. However, it is very rare that I would delay ship more than 2 days past auction end.

On the buying side it is frustrating when you hear nothing and the package takes a week or more to show. As long as the seller lets me know what is going on I don't have a big issue if it takes a bit longer than normal.

I usually ship the same day or the next day. As a seller, I ship ASAP b/c I know that the buyers are eager to receive their items. As a buyer, it drives me nuts when I have to wait too long for my packages.