how long after auction should seller respond?

sunspark

O.G.
Nov 6, 2005
before the auction ended, the seller was always very responsive to my questions.

I won the auction.

sent two requests for my total with shipping, but haven't paid.

I know it's only been 4 days, but wouldn't she be anxious to get her money and complete the transaction?

I can't find the info anywhere on eBay, but am curious how long she has before the auction is considered null and void. only asking as I don't want to be surprised by a reply 3 weeks from now expecting payment.

thanks.

before the auction ended, the seller was always very responsive to my questions.

I won the auction.

I know it's only been 4 days, but wouldn't she be anxious to get her money and complete the transaction?

I can't find the info anywhere on eBay, but am curious how long she has before the auction is considered null and void. only asking as I don't want to be surprised by a reply 3 weeks from now expecting payment.

thanks.
I don't know that there is a length of time before the auction isn't considered null and void. I had a seller who disappeared on me. I was buying a book for school so it was time-sensitive and I needed to know if I needed to buy one somewhere else. I called Ebay and they said, "Maybe she is sick, give her a few more days." I had already paid. Ebay told me that I could just cancel my Paypal transaction which I did. I bought the book elsewhere and never heard from the seller.
I think as far as Ebay is concerned, you could still get an unpaid strike against you because you didn't pay. They expect you to pay, and then get a refund later if the seller doesn't hold up her part of the bargain.

Did your auction not have shipping displayed? If it did, just add what you paid plus shipping and pay that amount. eBay or PayPal should also have sent you a total. I realize that it has been a long time since I sold, but they used to just send a total.

If no shipping was shown in the auction, she can send whatever amount she wants to send and that is what you will be responsible for paying. There is no time on which the thing becomes null and void. She has a time during which she can report you as a NPB.

If the seller had allowed buyers to change the total to correct or change shipping fees, I'm sure you can do that. I think you should just pay the amount even if the shipping isn't updated. If your seller sees you haven't added shipping or it isn't right, s/he will contact you. At least, as a seller, I would.

I'm really hesitant to hand over almost $1000 since she isn't responding. honestly, I'd rather have an unpaid buyer strike, than fight to get my money back.

and she didn't know what shipping would be since it's from Europe to US.

thanks for the advice.

I find it difficult to believe your seller is selling things worth over 1000 without doing any research on shipping. If you are uncomfortable with the transaction and the seller isn't responding to you, you should message and express your concerns.

Was the seller able to give you a quote on shipping before you bid and won the item?

^no quote, just said she'd be willing to ship to the US.

Let me clarify:
I would love to have the bag
I'd happily pay if I heard from her
I won't pay if I don't hear from her as I'm not convinced paypal will protect me (US buyer, German seller)
I won't be upset if she changed her mind and decided the bag should sell for more, or would like to keep it, or doesn't want the hassle of shipping overseas, ect.

I only posted my question as I wasn't sure what the procedure was in this case. I mean, it's $1000, how long do I leave the money in my account before I decide to purchase Another bag yk?
and again, I know 4 days is nothing, and it's a busy time of year. I was just curious. again, I don't need a month to go by, and then suddenly receive an invoice.

thank you.

I won the auction.

thanks.

Did your auction not have shipping displayed? If it did, just add what you paid plus shipping and pay that amount. eBay or PayPal should also have sent you a total. I realize that it has been a long time since I sold, but they used to just send a total.

If no shipping was shown in the auction, she can send whatever amount she wants to send and that is what you will be responsible for paying. There is no time on which the thing becomes null and void. She has a time during which she can report you as a NPB.

If the seller had allowed buyers to change the total to correct or change shipping fees, I'm sure you can do that. I think you should just pay the amount even if the shipping isn't updated. If your seller sees you haven't added shipping or it isn't right, s/he will contact you. At least, as a seller, I would.

I'm really hesitant to hand over almost $1000 since she isn't responding. honestly, I'd rather have an unpaid buyer strike, than fight to get my money back.

and she didn't know what shipping would be since it's from Europe to US.

thanks for the advice.

^no quote, just said she'd be willing to ship to the US.

Let me clarify:
I would love to have the bag
I'd happily pay if I heard from her
I won't pay if I don't hear from her as I'm not convinced paypal will protect me (US buyer, German seller)
I won't be upset if she changed her mind and decided the bag should sell for more, or would like to keep it, or doesn't want the hassle of shipping overseas, ect.

I only posted my question as I wasn't sure what the procedure was in this case. I mean, it's $1000, how long do I leave the money in my account before I decide to purchase Another bag yk?
and again, I know 4 days is nothing, and it's a busy time of year. I was just curious. again, I don't need a month to go by, and then suddenly receive an invoice.

thank you.

Did the shipping quote not come up automatically? After you won it, you'd have received an invoice from eBay which you can just click on and Pay. eBay actually encourages the sellers not to send another invoice unless something has changed dramatically.

If the conditions you want were displayed in the listing, and the price for shipping came up in the "congratulations the item is yours all you have to do is pay for it" email, then you could just pay it.

If a buyer asks me for anything which was not listed in my auctions (e.g., they want me to undervalue the item or they want other conditions not in the auction) I'd be hesitating, but I wouldn't be ignoring you. The other factor could be that the seller is not fluent in English and just wants you to pay from the original invoice.

my 2 yens worth

Depending on which country you ordered the item from, the holidays madness is in full swing.
Is the seller experienced or is she casual?
She could also not see the emails.

personally, would wait until I hear back from the seller...would not want to guessestimate

the shipping from Europe to the US and also its $1000.... if your seller is not responding

to a shipping request, just imagine if you had a real problem???

did she indicate that she would be away for the holidays & not ship til she gets back...

you as a buyer I think have 4 days to pay... perhaps this is a heads up for some

unknown reason for you...keep us posted