How is your Loewe holding up?

Also... have you guys seen this guy on Instagram:

He took apart a Puzzle and valued it at $170 to make (valuing the leather and materials and cost of putting it together)
I have some major side eye on that...

I actually just saw this vid as well! Actually, if you dig more on the comment section, one of his follower linked his other video about the type of cost he's covering, which doesn't include marketing etc.

Also... have you guys seen this guy on Instagram:

He took apart a Puzzle and valued it at $170 to make (valuing the leather and materials and cost of putting it together)
I have some major side eye on that...

His videos need to be taken with a grain of salt. He compares apples with pears (Chanel Caviar with Hermès Chevre) and also has his own brand of leather goods he wants to sell… it’s entertaining to watch and some things are good to know (the heavier the finishing, the lower quality the leather can be) though.

I think we all know that we don't buy for our passion to bags not only for the quality of the leather and the craftmanship.
When we buy a bag first of all we buy for the status and the name of a brand.
Funnily enough the puzzle bag is what got me into luxury bags yet my thought process at the time was "if this bag wasn't made by Loewe, would you still buy it?". At that time I have so many other bags, no high-end brands, and don't want to keep adding clutter to my wardrobe. My answer to myself was "heck yeah", just because I was so in love with the construction; edgy design yet relaxed. I then looked up the luxury market (and non-luxury as well) and realized only Loewe does this bag since it is their original design. I don't even know how huge Loewe was, or how the brand is often called the Hermes of Spain. Have I known that before, I would probably shy away from it.

Status and brand do eventually play into my consideration for my other bags. But I think for Loewe, some people discover them by genuinely loving their product first for what they are (status/brand name comes second since a lot of people won't recognize a Loewe in an instant, unlike say, Chanel) and simply couldn't get that kinda craftmanship and aesthetic elsewhere

(Sorry for the wall of text! I have since become a Loewe geek :biggrin:)

His videos need to be taken with a grain of salt. He compares apples with pears (Chanel Caviar with Hermès Chevre) and also has his own brand of leather goods he wants to sell… it’s entertaining to watch and some things are good to know (the heavier the finishing, the lower quality the leather can be) though.
Exactly, took it with a grain of salt. Especially when he has his own brand of leather goods he’s trying to sale!

Hi everyone, i got a brand new loewe puzzle as a gift and this was just purchased yesterday. However, i am disappointed to find 2 deep creases on the front of the bag.. (this is very prominent in real life) does anyone know a way to smooth the crease out? I think i am unable to exchange for a new one as this was an international purchase ):

TIA!

Attachments

• C3AAFBFF-F4B2-4202-B077-4E17D966ACA8.jpeg
    C3AAFBFF-F4B2-4202-B077-4E17D966ACA8.jpeg
    766.7 KB · Views: 111
My rattan tote bag has been doing great, the rattan is still new without fraying.
The handles/glazing have no problem.

But recently I found a deep scratch on the front leather panel. I have no idea how or when it happened but here's the damage. I'm pretty heartbroken because it's very obvious and right in the middle of bag.

20230115_110039.jpg

20230115_110404.jpg

20230115_110356.jpg

20230115_110336.jpg

20230115_110039.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: LilOshawott
My rattan tote bag has been doing great, the rattan is still new without fraying.
The handles/glazing have no problem.

But recently I found a deep scratch on the front leather panel. I have no idea how or when it happened but here's the damage. I'm pretty heartbroken because it's very obvious and right in the middle of bag.

View attachment 5692184

View attachment 5692185

View attachment 5692186

View attachment 5692187

View attachment 5692188
Perhaps you could bring it by Loewe for check whether they can condition it somehow (do try some leather conditioner yourself if you dare) to smooth a bit, so that it is less obvious?

Reactions: BreezyE
Hi everyone, i got a brand new loewe puzzle as a gift and this was just purchased yesterday. However, i am disappointed to find 2 deep creases on the front of the bag.. (this is very prominent in real life) does anyone know a way to smooth the crease out? I think i am unable to exchange for a new one as this was an international purchase ):

TIA!
I don’t think its not considered a defect, just a variation in leather (or stitching)! I have a little wrinkly area on my puzzle but it was the last one in the color way I wanted, so I kept it. It doesn’t bother me one bit, but everyone is differen…so if it bothers you, I would try going to a Loewe boutique. You never know…a nice SA might exchange it. I doubt that Loewe.com‘s customer service will exchange it though.

Reactions: feelingwhitney
Hello, everyone!
I am interested in adding a Compact Hammock to my collection and was wondering if anyone has any insight into Hammock’s overall wear and tear. Majority of my Loewe bags (with exception of Mini Anagram Jacquard Flamenco clutch) are in a soft grain leather and , thus far, they have been wearing extremely well (to be honest - amazingly well). Having had such a wonderful experience with Loewe’s soft grained leather, I have been eyeing me some Hammock in either “Sand” or “Light Caramel” colour.
Alas, there is not much info as to how well Hammock wears in a long-run :no:, so any input would be greatly appreciated :heart:

Last edited:
I have the small Hammock from the Spirited Away collection which has smooth leather and it has held up pretty well. Ich took it 3 times on a vacation trip and the leather is sturdy and kept its shape up to now. However it is only about 1 year old and I rotate it alot as I have many bags. So it has not been heavy use for now.
During the vacations I had it everywhere and at least I can report the leather does not scratch easily, so I did not have to be supercareful, but of course I don‘t abuse my bag. However, I am that kind of person, who does put her bags on the ground when it is not dirty and of course dry - like inside a room, car etc. But I also put nanospray on everything before its first use. :cool:

I have the small Hammock from the Spirited Away collection which has smooth leather and it has held up pretty well. Ich took it 3 times on a vacation trip and the leather is sturdy and kept its shape up to now. However it is only about 1 year old and I rotate it alot as I have many bags. So it has not been heavy use for now.
During the vacations I had it everywhere and at least I can report the leather does not scratch easily, so I did not have to be supercareful, but of course I don‘t abuse my bag. However, I am that kind of person, who does put her bags on the ground when it is not dirty and of course dry - like inside a room, car etc. But I also put nanospray on everything before its first use. :cool:
Thank you @fettfleck - that’s great to know :heart: