How is your epsom bag ageing?

Mme CLMdeF

O.G.
Jul 26, 2009
I wonder if any of you ladies can help with my question.

Epsom and Coucheval Lovers Raise Your Hand

I was reading this thread (and some other Epsom-related threads) as I wanted to know how Epsom bags age but couldn't really find the answer.

There seem to be quite a few Hermes fans who don't like Epsom but those who like this leather, could you tell me how your bags have been ageing?

I read and was told that the corner ware is inevitable with this leather but it keeps its shape. Is that the case with your bag and when the corner wear sadly happened, have you ever taken it to Hermes for a spa?

I wonder if Hermes can actually fix it or not (like box leather)... I tried to find the post about this, but I couldn't find any answers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Mme,

I have an epsom Kelly Sport bag, and it has rrreally kept up well. It happens not to have much of a corner problem, but it did have a large-ish scuff on the front. I have to say that I did send it for a spa treatment, but that when I received the bag back, I was not that impressed with whatever was or was not done--I'm not big on maintaining leathers or upkeep, etc., but I could tell that somebody had just applied some cream/whatever and buffed a bit. The scuff was still there. I just had greater expectations with the spa, but then again, I think if the bag is in generally good condition, the results are not that impressive-seeming. KWIM?

Then again, it should be stated that the bag was from 1994! So, yes, overall, I'm pretty pleased with the way epsom has kept up. It's completely kept its shape (granted, it's a small bag).

not very well ,now that you ask i have a 32cm kelly in orange hermes and thing is its like sinking , like in the middle as if it were pulling the center in. not in love with it actually its 5 yrs. old and well the look is not that great i have to say but well now that you are asking i truly dont love it .

Thank you all so much for your input!! :hugs:

>pamella

Oh good to know someone loves Epson and even if it is used a lot, it keeps its condition!
It is so relieving to know that. Thank you. ;)

>chloechloe

This is very interesting. So even if you took it for a spa, it didn't really come back as you expected ... Hmm.... But I know what you mean. If the condition is generally good, it wouldn't look THAT different, I can imagine.

The only concern I have is corner wear... I am sure I wouldn't mind it too much, but I wanted to make sure that if something happens to the bag, they can fix it...Have you noticed any corner wear?

So, if your bag is from 1994, it is over 10 years old and so good to know that it has kept up really well!
Epson seems to be reeeeally good at keeping its shape and I love that.

Thank you so much for the info! ;)

>birkel

I remember reading your comment about Epsom that you are not really happy about how it ages and that was why I started having a doubt about this leather...

A lot of people seem to have a problem with its plastic-y texture, but I don't mind that but some people told me that it is more prone to the corner wear and sometimes scratches and they can not be fixed...

I know it really depends on how often the owner uses it and how much stuff it has to hold from everyday use, but I wanted to know what sort of things can be expected.

As you have multiple Birkin bags, your opinion is always quite informative, based on your experience. Thank you very much! ;)

I wonder if any of you ladies can help with my question.

Epsom and Coucheval Lovers Raise Your Hand

I was reading this thread (and some other Epsom-related threads) as I wanted to know how Epsom bags age but couldn't really find the answer.

There seem to be quite a few Hermes fans who don't like Epsom but those who like this leather, could you tell me how your bags have been ageing?

I read and was told that the corner ware is inevitable with this leather but it keeps its shape. Is that the case with your bag and when the corner wear sadly happened, have you ever taken it to Hermes for a spa?

I wonder if Hermes can actually fix it or not (like box leather)... I tried to find the post about this, but I couldn't find any answers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 30cm vert olive epsom birkin. It is true about the corner wear; it happened quicker than my other H bags (in togo, clemence, CdC). I did take her to the spa, and they were able to fix it, but the cycle repeats itself with more use.

It is true that the epsom is lightweight and holds up its shape, at least for me. I've had my birkin since 2005. HTH!

not very well ,now that you ask i have a 32cm kelly in orange hermes and thing is its like sinking , like in the middle as if it were pulling the center in. not in love with it actually its 5 yrs. old and well the look is not that great i have to say but well now that you are asking i truly dont love it .

like cayenne-pepper's birkin?

attachment.php

I have a 35cm Epsom birkin and it stands up beautifully! It takes colour differently than other leathers (ie clemence, togo, etc) - it's lighter and brighter (I have a Blue Jean in epsom, and clemence).

I've had my Epsom for 7 years and hasn't needed a spa treatment yet.

birkel , is your kelly a sellier or retourne?

well thanks, yes see in my experiance epsom being that it is an embosed leather suffers more (long run) ,buffing is not truly an option .and i dont love the way the middle tends to pull the sides its truly not my first choice. but see heres the truth in all its sense. im happy to say i have had the cahnce to own all major leathers .
swift , fjord ,togo ,epsom,TC,and the the exotics up to know my best birkins are swift and togo so they are very different leathers as you can see. and my issue with epsom is it does not give me that richness of grain and thick true leather ,as you said the plastic,y effect. i respect those who like it and understand them because they do hold up their shape better ,and the stamp usually looks divine ,the inner seams perfect .but its not for me hope it helps and remember birkin ,kelly all hermes is perfection all the time so its truly up to use , and even personal stlye and life . hope it helps birkel :smile::smile: by the way, love to to help truly, and thanks for the confidence

I have a 40 black epsom birkin since January and I have used it almost everyday since. I think it still looks new but I do take very good care of her. I just checked and my corners look great. I also have a kelly wallet orange epsom and she is also holding up well.

roturne it may be the problem actually because i have seen this happened on retournes and birkins so im truly wondering but point is i can see the effect i find my self making a paper front and back to fil it up and i also have a wallet in epsom and in this piece looks great but the bag hmm not good .

Sorry for the delay in thanking you all!!
I was away on holidays over the weekend. :smile:

>cayenne-pepper
Oh, that is a wonderful news!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!
Although It would probably happen more quickly than the other leathers, I am so glad to know that it can be fixed.

Although I normally don't baby bags, I am quite careful too so just hope it won't happen within a few months or so!

>yeliab

Here is another reassuring info! Thank you so much! :yahoo:
Seven years and no need for spa..
That is what I wanted to hear. :tup:

>birkel
Thank you from me, too.
Your information is always so very useful. ;)

>beachtime

Thanks for the input, beachtime!!
I guess 40cm birkin in epsom must hold up really well!
I am so glad to know that in spite of the heavy usage, it could look still as new. ;)
Very encouraging, thank you very much.