How Is Your Closet Organized?

Very organised: my closet has many shelves, and each shelf is for one or two piles of clothes: shelf 1-> hats, gloves, scarves, swimwear, shelf 2-> wool pullovers, cotton sweaters/pullovers, shelf 3-> long and short-sleeved shirts, shelf 4-> jeans and trousers, shelf 5-> pyjamas, undergarments, socks.

Shirts with buttons&collar hang on hangers, just like my outerwear.

I had a baby 3 months ago and when I was pregnant I took out EVERYTHING that did not fit. 3 months on there has not been much put back in and all my clothes fit on one rack. However the spare room is full of rails racks and bags filled with clothes that I hope (fingers crossed) I will fit back into one day!

My closet is a big fat mess. I only hang jackets, coats and buttondown shirts. The rest of my clothes are supposed to be folded in drawers or laying on the other bed LOL.

I have two rails
Top rail: dresses - short sleeves (not for work) - short sleeves for work - short coats
Bottom rail: trousers - long sleeves - work shirts - cardigans - jackets
Top shelf: cashmere sweaters folded
1st Drawer underneath bed: jeans - skirts - Tshirts and vests
2nd drawer underneath bed: sport and leasure attire
small cupboard: all other sweaters folded - bags
my long coats hang in my husband's wardrobe

Small-Medium sized walk in closet

Left: blouses/shirts arranged by color
Back: dresses and jumpsuits arranged by color
Right: skirts, shorts, pants arranged by color and jeans arranged by designer
Top: shoes arranged by color and style
Shelves: bags, belts, perfume, misc items

I hang up by type of clothing: short sleeved blouses, long sleeved blouses, long sleeved shirts that need to be hung rather than folded, dresses, blazers and suit jackets, and trousers. About a third of my closet and more than half of my bureau are taken up by my SO's work shirts, trousers, skirts, socks, and underwear. I have pajamas and home clothes in a giant drawer at the bottom of the bureau which I need to minimise. I have a little shelf for folded shirts, skirts, and a couple pairs of shorts. Then I have a clothing rack for my heavy winter coats. Yes I have a lot of clothes. I need to clean out my closet tonight!!

I have my basic t-shirts and tops in piles on shelves, colorcoordinated. The same with my jeans.

The I have a thing I dont remember whats called, but its like in shop, where the closets hang. There I have my fancier tops, non-basic t-shirts, cardigans, lightweight sweaters, skirts, tunics and dresses.

My bags are on shelves and my hight heeled shoes as well. My flat shoes are in their boxes below the shelves.

My scarves are folded on shelves.