how is this legal?

I think when they do get caught, it's just a slap on the wrist. They probably operate out of some international accounts too, or just demand payments by Western Union, to avoid fines and copyright infringement prosecution.
I remember almost falling for Bergacci, I was about to place my order but then my better judgment had me call 866 Vuitton. They said Bergacci had completely copied the entire eluxury website. I guess 866 Vuitton had lots of complaints from people using the Bergacci website only to never even receive any items (they just take your money and nothing you can do about it because they are based in Singapore or something). So Baby&me, consider yourself lucky to have even received anything at all! Were you able to get a refund?

That little blurb that some sites put up with the Internet Privacy Act (signed by Bill *******, if you are LV/Gucci/Chanel employee you cannot enter, blah blah blah) is a fictitious document and the easiest way to spot an illegal fake-selling slime pit like Bergacci.com and the rest!
At least we know that they think they have a legal leg to stand on, which they don't, and allow themselves to be more brazen by hiding behind what they think is an actual edict. Makes them easier to find.

Wow, i'm really glad to hear that they did that for you. You must have laid down the law! I heard from the phone operator that over a HUNDRED people had called them in complaining that they paid and never received the merchandise. Anyhow, this was 2 YEARS AGO and I can't believe after all this the darn company is still in business. You would think that even for just stealing the entire layout of eluxury's website they would get shut down!!

oo and balenci.com

the website design is so poor i wouldnt buy from there even if they were genuine!

The deal should be if you're going to buy anything online, if they havent put in the time and effort to make a nice well designed site - then they arent gonna spend the time sending you any nice goods.