HOW is this at the outlet already?!?!

Irishgrrrl

Bag Lady
O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
My Mom recently saw my new bordeaux Sophia (which I bought with my PCE) and she fell in love. So she called the outlet near us and asked if they thought they would be getting any. The SA told her that she thought it was VERY unlikely that the bordeaux Sophias would make it to the outlet, since that seems to be a very popular bag. But the SA took my Mom's name and phone number just in case. This all happened yesterday (Tuesday).

Well, today (Wednesday), my Mom gets a call from the SA at the outlet! Yep, they got a bordeaux Sophia today!!! :wtf:

They only got ONE and the SA told my Mom that she would hold it for 48 hours. The SA didn't say there was anything wrong with it . . . in fact, she said it's "gorgeous"! So I doubt that it went to the outlet because of some kind of blemish/flaw on the bag. My Mom is going to the outlet tomorrow to take a look at it, but I've never seen a FP bag at our outlet because of a quality issue, so I bet it's fine. I'm just wondering HOW our outlet got this bag already?!?! :confused1:

Most likely that's what happened. Apparently, you can return FP items to the outlet, but not vice versa. I think it's pretty awesome, actually, because it keeps us outlet stalkers on our toes. No telling what will show up when or where!

I got a sequin Universal case that was still on the web page (for $68) at the Gonzales LA factory store for $29 and I'm pretty sure it was a customer return.

Most likely that's what happened. Apparently, you can return FP items to the outlet, but not vice versa. I think it's pretty awesome, actually, because it keeps us outlet stalkers on our toes. No telling what will show up when or where!

I got a sequin Universal case that was still on the web page (for $68) at the Gonzales LA factory store for $29 and I'm pretty sure it was a customer return.

It IS awesome!!! The Sophia that my Mom is looking at retails for $358. Since it's at the outlet, it's marked down 30% to $250.60. AND they're currently having a 30% off sale at the outlet, which reduces it by another 30% to $175.42! :woot:

It IS awesome!!! The Sophia that my Mom is looking at retails for $358. Since it's at the outlet, it's marked down 30% to $250.60. AND they're currently having a 30% off sale at the outlet, which reduces it by another 30% to $175.42! :woot:

what a fantastic price for a great bag!! I can only wish :sad:

Congrats to your mom, hope she enjoys it much :P

Actually, you can return factory items to the boutique, you just get a merchandise credit instead of your money back... :smile:

what a fantastic price for a great bag!! I can only wish :sad:

Congrats to your mom, hope she enjoys it much :P

Thanks, Yanie! I think she'll love it . . . she keeps trying to steal mine! LOL! :lol:

Actually, you can return factory items to the boutique, you just get a merchandise credit instead of your money back... :smile:

Good to know! Wow, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today! :reading:

OK, ladies, this is really getting weird! I just talked to my Mom. She stopped by the outlet this morning and bought the bag. She looked over it VERY carefully and there wasn't anything wrong with it at all . . . it's in perfect shape and the tags were still on it. Also, the SA told her that she "unpacked it yesterday" and then called my Mom right away. So, I'm thinking it wasn't a customer return since she said she "unpacked it"? Also, my Mom asked her how it could possibly be at the outlet already, and the SA said she had no idea. She said this was the only leather Sophia they got. :confused1:

OK, ladies, this is really getting weird! I just talked to my Mom. She stopped by the outlet this morning and bought the bag. She looked over it VERY carefully and there wasn't anything wrong with it at all . . . it's in perfect shape and the tags were still on it. Also, the SA told her that she "unpacked it yesterday" and then called my Mom right away. So, I'm thinking it wasn't a customer return since she said she "unpacked it"? Also, my Mom asked her how it could possibly be at the outlet already, and the SA said she had no idea. She said this was the only leather Sophia they got. :confused1:

That is weird. Your mother must have some really good karma worked up to get that great bag for such a steal! Maybe some of her luck will rub off on the rest of us!

Something just dawned on me: If a customer returns a FP bag to an outlet, does the outlet put that little bullseye thingy on the creed patch? Or does the bullseye thingy only show up on bags that came to the outlet as FP deletes? I don't know if the bag my Mom got has the bullseye thingy or not, but I can ask her and that might shed some light on things!