How is the quality of Givenchy handbags-especially the Antigona?

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
I love the Antigona in black. I have never owned a Givenchy handbag. How does it wear over time? Does the silver hardware tarnish or rub off? Does the zipper work smoothly? Is customer service good with this company?

I love the Antigona in black. I have never owned a Givenchy handbag. How does it wear over time? Does the silver hardware tarnish or rub off? Does the zipper work smoothly? Is customer service good with this company?
I have a mini antigona in oxblood and a small Pandora in navy, and a pandora wallet. I've had the pandora longer, but for about less than a year. So far the wear is very minimal, the hardware hasn't tarnished and zippers run smoothly. They are all in the grained leather and without scratches. I always rotate my bags, but I don't baby them.
As far as customer service, I haven't had a reason to call.
I highly recommend Givenchy bags! Good luck.

Reactions: Baglover600
I have a mini Antigona in smooth black calfskin that I got from Nordstrom rack worn and refinished (so basically pre-owned). The bag itself is from 2015 but it's relatively new to me and it's still in fantastic shape. There are no scratches whatsoever on the leather and the bag is still holding its shape perfectly. The only thing, however, is I think the previous owner spilled on it or dropped it in a puddle or something because on the back you can see the outline of what looks like a spill. But I didn't even notice it until after I bought it so it's not terrible. So basically I think the bag can stand up to a lot lol.

I am also wondering the same things as the OP, and more specifically how Givenchy compares to LV in quality and customer service. Contemplating getting an Antigona mini while in Paris!

I love mine! Its a stunning bag to carry and there isnt any tarnish whatsoever in mine. The zipper is smooth and its easy to open and close.

The only thing you would have to watch out for is overstuffing them since the bottom of the bag sags over time in a certain type of leather. I have the goat skin so I tend not to overstuff it since I want the base intact.

As for customer service, I havent really had the chance to talk to one but I did read somewhere that their customer service was decent.