How is the quality of distressed leather used in boy bags?

mia55

O.G.
Jun 21, 2010
Hi,

I need some suggestions in taking care of my new boy bag. I bought a distressed leather 17k chevron jacket boy (i think its calfskin but not sure) and wondering if I need to baby it?

I had a 2006 distressed lambskin reissue which was amazingly durable and took a lot of beating without affecting its look. Since I sold it, I was on a hunt of another distressed leather bag and once I saw this boy, I pulled the plug. I also have multiple caviar bags and even though I'm not very careful with them, they still look good.

This boy bag is beautiful and I don't want to ruin it but at the same time I want to use it as well. It'll really help if you can share your experience/knowledge with this kind of leather. I hope its quality is similar or close to reissue leather or caviar.

Thanks

Attachments

• Chanel boy.jpg
    Chanel boy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 240

mia55

O.G.
Jun 21, 2010
I’m pretty sure this is the aged calf that is used on the reissues. I have two reissues and they are so easy to maintain. If you get it in black I bet it’ll look new for a long time!!

Thanks, I did buy it in black and it’s one of the most beautiful bag I own(after my alligator m/l of course). I can’t stop looking at it.

Distressed goods are made to be distressed .....

Don’t worry about it .

Thanks, already planning to take it to my next trip. It’s really something else.