How is the agneau leather different from the chevre?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm wondering if one is thicker than the other. I am dreaming of a jet black GGH City bag, and would like the leather to be less smooshy.

Also- is it possible to request a bag with thick and not so distressed leather when ordering from Balenciaga.com?

TIA! :biggrin:

2. You can try to request that if there is a comments section during, but not sure if they'll honor it. Maybe try working with an SA through a store? They are better at leather selections. Good luck!

About agneau and chevre.. they all vary in ways, but some Bal lovers prefer chevre to agneau.. there is a very long thread about this, let me see if I can find it for you.

ETA: here it is

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-reference-library/chevre-goatskin-vs-agneau-lambskin-406585.html?highlight=chevre+agneau

3. If you prefer less smooshy and distressed, I bet you will like Agneau. Its still very soft and wonderful, but in my experience a little tougher and more structured.

4. I have several agneau bags that rival my chevre, namely 08 Vert Thyme, 09 Tempete and 09 Galet. They are thicker, softer and smooshier than my 07 chevre.

5. Please post in the thread that juicy couture jen posted. Thanks JCJ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.