How is it possible that there are 2 dark red 2.55s

will these people make lots of profit from the sale on ebay? i mean the original price is us 2695, the selling price is 3500, so the profit is only around us 805, minus the ebay listing fees and shipping fees and the pulling string fees, i think in the end they only get around 600 usd, which i think maybe its worth to buy through ebay..am i calculating right? i mean espc for people like me who doesnt live in a country with a chanel boutique, if i want to order something like this, i will have to call overseas over and over and over again which in the end it will cost around 600us anyway for the phone bill and the shipping bill. what do u guys think?

$600 profit is a lot to me!:lol:

Heck I'm happy to make $50 profit:shame: - most of the time I lose money on selling. The major reason I sell is to finance other purchases. Sometimes I consign sell for friends but I'm not making any money for them either.

Mon, I talked to Brendan yesterday and he said the pre-fall jumbo is going to be the same shade as your dark red reissue!! So if personal shoppers bought up all the metallic reds, I'll be just as happy with the red jumbo. :P I'm going to for the red AND the purple because he said the purple is different than the metallic purple AND fall 06 purple!! I also had him put me down for the patent burgandy, dark grey and light grey jumbos. Those are just "wait and see" items though.

Jenn, did you see this thread I posted last week?
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/pre-fall-2008-intelligence-on-bags-245867.html

I agree that she's not really gouging her prices terribly either...but there are plenty of other sellers who set their bids high, higher than retail. And if they're not making that big of a profit, why not let this bag go to someone on the reserve list who will actually use the bag and enjoy it?

I guess there are arguments on both sides - those who get on reserve lists are people who have developed relationships with their SAs, thereby shutting out newbies or the uninformed. Maybe having HG bags up for auction is a way of ********izing the process and making them available to everyone.

Oh, I asked because you wrote that Brendan said the PF2008 purple was different from the metallic purples and the fall 06 purple, but the color code he gave me for the PF08 purple is the same as the SS08 purple.

I'm going to for the red AND the purple because he said the purple is different than the metallic purple AND fall 06 purple!!

I'm on the waitlist as well for both colors.:angel:

oh nooo, another diff purple? *panics*
i called brendan today and he is off, so i spoke to jane, and i put my name on patent jumbo burgundy wait list too haha =)
mon, and clk girl, i want the hybrid 2007 in red distressed caviar and e red patent prefall 08, do u think i should buy the hybrid 1st and then sell it if i like e burgundy 08 or just pass on the hybrid 07? i cant afford to keep both =(

oh nooo, another diff purple? *panics*
i called brendan today and he is off, so i spoke to jane, and i put my name on patent jumbo burgundy wait list too haha =)
mon, and clk girl, i want the hybrid 2007 in red distressed caviar and e red patent prefall 08, do u think i should buy the hybrid 1st and then sell it if i like e burgundy 08 or just pass on the hybrid 07? i cant afford to keep both =(

I personally didn't like the red in the caviar from SS07. I liked it better in lambskin. I prefer the SS08 red color to the SS07 red color. That's just personal preference though. I would wait and buy the PreFall 08 red jumbo.:yes:

To be fair to Personalshoppers she's not making much of a profit (unless she didn't incur sales tax).

The bag retails for $2695 + tax is approximately $2,900 add 8-10% in eBay & PayPal fees = between $3,130 and $3,190 is their cost (depending on whether the buyer is domestic or international).

ETA: So their profit is about $250; but if they are able to buy without paying sales tax then their profit is about $400-$500 per bag.

I'm guessing that ebay memeber personalshoppers does not pay sales tax on his/her merchandise since I *believe* he/she is based in NJ where there is no tax on bags, clothing, and shoes. Sometimes I wish that I lived in NJ for this reason alone.

I also love that they actually CHARGE 7% sales tax for items shipped to NJ. HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?!?

The mysterious Personalshoppers is connected with either a Chanel boutique directly or an SA. An investigative reporter would find this interesting to report on for a story. As in "follow the money" just like in Watergate.

Does Chanel really loathe the reseller and grey market as much as they profess? If they cannot stand the reseller making profits off their (Chanel's) merchandise, then what exactly are they going to do about it? Besides increasing the prices 3 times a year for everyone else.

Does anyone know for SURE if the ebay PERSONALSHOPPERS is the same one as the tpf personalshoppers? I asked the ebay PS whether she was the same and she told me "NO" however I have read on the "authenticate this" thread that it's one and the same.