How is Hermes selling counterfeit bags in their boutiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The short answer: they aren't.
If this site is publishing misinformation like this:
Li said the market is impossible to have large volume of true Hermes handbags on circulation as one true, high-end Hermes handbag will take eight months to a year to produce one, while even the ordinary Hermes handbag priced at around 50,000-60,000 yuan will take a period of three months. Agents will have to order the new products one to two years ahead of demand.

then I find it hard to believe that anything in the article has any credence at all.

Last edited:
The short answer: they aren't.
If this site is publishing misinformation like this:
Li said the market is impossible to have large volume of true Hermes handbags on circulation as one true, high-end Hermes handbag will take eight months to a year to produce one, while even the ordinary Hermes handbag priced at around 50,000-60,000 yuan will take a period of three months. Agents will have to order the new products one to two years ahead of demand.

then I find it hard to believe that anything in the article has any credence at all.

This is just nonsense. Hint: not everything on the Internet is true.

Can't agree more.

I don't believe there's any way a counterfeit would make it's way inside Hermes's handbag production process at ANY level, from sourcing the raw materials to distribution of the finished product to Hermes boutiques.

The writer writes: "Mrs. Guo said last year she bought six high-end handbags in Europe's Hermes stores." She must be referring to stores that are NOT owned by Hermes, but claim to sell authentic Hermes bags.

Last edited:
Did you read this before posting it? It never actually says that the bags in question were purchased at Hermes or even that the fake bags were Hermes. I'm sorry if I'm a bit skeptical of an article published on a website owned by the world's largest manufacturer of...rice crackers.

:town: not even worth discussing

I agree- complete nonsense! Some people have a love - hate relationship with hermes and CHANEL and keep inventing these sort of stories. The CHANEL forum is also full of them. :lol:

This looks like content farming to me. They don't even identify the "expert" that is saying all this, only the unlucky person who bought six exotics in Europe and all were fake :lol:
I call you know what, not sure why it's posted. :roflmfao:

These information are skeptical since she didn't mention that she bought from H boutique.
European luxury boutiques do not means H boutique store.
It could be luxury consignment store.
If one is purchasing from luxury consignment store, he/she must ensure that these shops have reputable history and must be able to understand these brands well enough so we can authentic before purchasing it.

Don't mean to sound rude, but why would I believe Mrs. Guo or the un-named so-called experts. And why is it that she and her so-called expert are the only people to have figured this out. If it were true, it would happen to many buyers and we would have heard about it by now - given that the article is a year old. Sorry, but I don't buy a word of it and given the mis-statements and information gaps, I wouldn't trust anything published by this group.

W O W !!!
If this is considered journalism in that part of the world, I am happy I do not live in that region.
No evidences, no names, no places, wrong numbers of all kinds... it's just PURE INTOX.

I don't believe there's any way a counterfeit would make it's way inside Hermes's handbag production process at ANY level, from sourcing the raw materials to distribution of the finished product to Hermes boutiques.

The writer writes: "Mrs. Guo said last year she bought six high-end handbags in Europe's Hermes stores." She must be referring to stores that are NOT owned by Hermes, but claim to sell authentic Hermes bags.
These information are skeptical since she didn't mention that she bought from H boutique.
European luxury boutiques do not means H boutique store.
It could be luxury consignment store.
If one is purchasing from luxury consignment store, he/she must ensure that these shops have reputable history and must be able to understand these brands well enough so we can authentic before purchasing it.

Well, speculations speculations....don't you feel a bit manipulated ??
Something terribly stupid but terribly scary is suggested by this article . One's brain does not want to accept it, so it sneakly finds another place to go and apply what was suggested...Consignment stores, or not owned by H stores... Come on !

Why would one have to justify that piece of non-information by finding an "acceptable" interpretation/meanning to what is written ?
Why don't simply trust what your brain is telling you : this text is a piece of mis-information from start to end.

Freedom please. Responsability please. Self-confidence please.

Last edited:
"....one bag takes 8 months to a year to produce..." who makes them, little white mice? only one mouse-craftsman for each bag....hmmm....I don't think so: even one little mouse would take less time to make a bag!!

Seriously, this article is just rubbish!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.