How insane is it to get both the gm and pm of one style?

How crazy would I be to buy the gm and pm of the same style?

• Yes this is completely wacko - get some help!

• No you are sane - I want to do this too.

• I wouldn't get the gm & pm, but I would get different colors of the same bag.

• No you are sane - I have already done this myself.

Results are only viewable after voting.

haven

Jul 4, 2008
OK so I have already the trevi pm, galliera pm, and tivoli gm. I have been lusting after their counterparts (trevi gm, galliera gm, and tivoli pm) for some time now. I am on a self imposed ban until 2009, so I am not going to make any purchases in the near future. But I was wondering if I am completely wacko to want both a galliera pm and gm (for example). I am not saying I want to sell one to the get the other. I want both sizes to use on different days depending on what I need to carry, etc.

So my question is this... If you love a bag do you think that it is crazy to get both the gm and pm if available? How about the brown and the white of the WC speedy? Or black & white of the same MC bag? Would you buy all the vernis colors of the same bag? Is this too much?

Last edited:
It's not at all insane. If you find styles that work for you, I don't see why you can't own additional sizes in that style. It's nice to be able to carry the bag you want in just the right size. Go for it!

Last edited:
For me, I think it's a little obsessive. I can understand getting the same bag but in a different pattern/canvas etc. But to get two of the same bags in two different sizes puzzles me. I guess I usually find that one size works better for me.

Definitely not - I have the BH and BV, not necesarily different sizes, but they are basically the same play on a shoulder bag shape. ;)

I compare it to having a Speedy 25 and a Speedy 35 (which I do)....

It's not crazy at all! Especially with bags like the Tivoli, the GM has different finishing touches than the PM. The Galliera doesn't look much different between models, but nevertheless, I don't think it's insane to have different sizes.

It's like when I find a pair of pants or a sweater that is TDF - I buy one (or two!) in every color!

If I could choose another style, I'd do that rather than get the same style in pm and gm. I'd only do it if I really couldn't find another alternative and loved loved loved this style.