How In the World Did you guys Do It?!

I also have to add, that most of us on here didn't succeed in choosing one Bbag color. I know I couldn't. My count is all the way up to nine right now. So maybe that's our secret. We don't choose. We just buy them all (well, as many as we can afford anyway)!

Absolutely:shame:

Welcome to this TPF family!!! It's hard to make choice sometimes, but when i just started having bbag, my 1st thought is to get either black first or city...i guess it just go well with anything and only then i start lookin for more colors to add to my current bbag family.....take ur time to look ard, somehow, u will know wat u want....:cutesy: :cutesy:

I also have to add, that most of us on here didn't succeed in choosing one Bbag color. I know I couldn't. My count is all the way up to nine right now. So maybe that's our secret. We don't choose. We just buy them all (well, as many as we can afford anyway)!

:roflmfao: Yes... I think this might be a bit closer to the actual truth for *some* of us.... I don't have any stores that carry them in stock around me either... so I have to just pick & choose based on colors from the computer or the few rare chances I was able to see some things IRL....

Thanks for the listing of whats available at BalNY, incoralblue!!! Hmmm.... I might have to call them today. :whistle:

I can't pick out the color I want for my first bbag!! lol Almost everytime someone posts a pic I decide that's the color I want (until a new one is posted that is!!). I only know the colors I don't want, which is black or white. I think I have at least decided on the style.. a city, so at least I have a start (though I do like the mid-afternoon and bowlings! lol)!

BTW... this has got to be the nicest group of folks in this forum. I was browing one of the other forums, and had to leave someone was just so rude!! SO thank you for making someone who is new feel welcome and not talking to me ,or anyone else that I have seen, like we are two-year olds!

I'm like you.....know what I don't want i.e. black or white. Which presents a massive problem because of the vast range of colours. Although this is somewhat curtailed by availability and access to stores that stock this vast range, and there's not many if any that do.

I recently went to a store in the UK, and it was all mainly black or white. Fortunately they did have natural and sandstone, but that was about it. Whatever happened to COLOUR!! :confused1:

My favourite is the twiggy, although I would :heart: a box (on its way) and a mini bowling. City is very popular, and I did get one but sold it on, it wasn't for me.

Colour? Style? It's a very personal choice. What suits one doesn't necessarily suit all.

Good luck. There's lots of threads that will help. :flowers:

mama2, it was very tough for me to decide on the color and style for my first Bbag. But once I made that decision I didn't stop with just the one. :nuts: Let us know what you choose, and don't forget to post pics of yourself modeling your new Bbag. Welcome to the Balfamily!

Oh, my first Bbag was a 06 Sapin Twiggy, and I absolutely ADORE her! :heart: :love:

Hi mama! Welcome to TPF from another mama! :smile:

You have won half the battle by deciding which style you want. Not that choosing a color is easy either, LOL! I started with a rouge bowler from Sabine's. That turned out to be too bright for me, so then I got a sapin day. The color was great but the strap was too long. Now I have acquired various colors in various styles and I am still undecided about what to keep and what to return/sell. It's a never-ending battle! But you gotta love it!

In case you are wondering about availability...

Here's a list of Bal Ny's stock for City (availability might have changed since I got this...)

CITY W/ CLASSIC HARDWARE:
vermillion, marine, grass green, seagreen, cafe, natural, french blue (sold out i think), olive brown/marron, oxblood (grenat), forest green, truffle, black, light olive (origan - lovely color too), pale pink, white, emerald green, caramel, rust

MID AFTERNOOON:

caramel, white, olive brown/marron, black, grass green, seasgreen, vermillion

BOWLING:
cement/greige, blueberry, fire engine red (rouge vif!), black, olive brown/marron

MINI BOWLING:
cement/greige, blueberry, rouge vif

What!!!! They have mini bowlings at BNY? I've been told time and time again that they don't have any. Stinkers.

I went for black, because I always do - but I immediately bought a Camel First because I couldn't help myself.

The City is a great all-round bag (I keep trying to explain this to my DH, who likes the First better). The First keeps me organized and is perfect for anytime when I'm really walking a lot and carryng stuff (because I really don't like carrying a lot of stuff). City is great for work every day - and I wear a lot, a lot of black.

I think you need to consider two things: are you the kind of person who wants to have an accessory that will really add something to your wardrobe that no other purse can? Then get one of the seasonal colors. Get something really different from what you usually buy. Don't get a neutral. The bowling in one of those colors would really fit that bill.

Or are the kind of girl who consistently uses neutrals and values the addition of a scrumptious bag that she'll use every day? I agree that the Camel totally suits the every day jeans kind of girl (Btw, I have an Emerald Day Bag - and it turns out to be an exciting jeans and top kind of bag - it's so casual and slouchy and ready to go - plus it holds a couple of magazines).

I'm wishing I'd gotten a blue - but I'm very picky about blues and would definitely not want a City in French Blue - too blue for me for every day (although 05 Navy would be perfect!!!!)

Have you considered Rouge Vif?

For me it was pretty easy :yes: I always wanted a seafoam first, but since it's d/c and hard to find, Mimz (a pf-er) suggested I try out Vert d'eau.

And that was that :P LOL It is hard though. I wouldn't know what to do for my 2nd bbag!!

I picked my first bag in a color I liked (cornflower city) that popped up on ebay (after the ladies on this forum authenticated it). I think you will love the size of the city, it's so practical. Pick a nice color you like. Wait a little while after browsing here, and then decide which color you like the most.

My first bbag is on its way to me right now so I can tell you that I recently had to make the same decision you're facing! I, too, decided on a City because I need a bag for work. And in the last two months I've bought a chocolate Chloe and a Hayden-Harnett hobo in Chalk. So I wanted a non-white/brown/black but still versatile/classic color bag. After reading lots of posts from the ladies here, I chose INK! I wanted some color and in Ink you get bluish purplish blackish hues, depending on the light. Sounds fun to me - I can't wait! Good Luck!! :yes:

Not doing it too well, here........bought my first bag in January and it's April I've had 14 bags over the past 3.5 months. I currently have 8 in my posession and one is sold to a PFer. Funny thing is, it all started because I needed a dark brown bag.