How in goodness name do you drive in Heels?

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
Everytime I get in the car, I have a pair of flats nearby to drive in (or just drive bare foot)

but apparently some people can drive :nuts:in heels. how do you do that? :P

I would love to know the answer to that question too :smile:
I'm just like you, i always drive in flats tennis shoes or barefoot. And even when i'm wearing flats it has to be one of those non slip soles.

when I started to drive at 16, I was the same, I always took off my shoes and drove barefoot or in sneakers. eventually one day I got over it, and now I don't see what's hard about driving in heels, and yes, I drive a stick shift. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I've heard of people having trouble driving in heels - I don't understand this, I have no problem driving in heels. What exactly causes the discomfort when driving in heels?

^^^ Most of my high heels have leather soles and i find that they slip off my clutch, accelerator and brake really easily. Plus sometimes the back of my heels end up all dirty which is something that doesn't really happen in i'm wearing tennis shoes or flats :confused1:

I drive in heels all the time, but I drive an automatic. Sometimes I do slip them off and drive barefoot though, but I can definitely drive in heels.

While I can drive in heels, I actually never do- I always slip them off. But actually I personally never drive with shoes, not even flip flops. I always take off any pair and put them in my passenger seat. I started this when i lived in boston during the winter (yes its crazy) but I always found that my huge winter boots would get in the way. Then it just became habit! :P

I guess you have to get used to drive in heels. All those nights being the designated driver (dont drink) when I was 21 helped me a lot I guess Lmao. I've had no problems whatsoever. I've been to one accident only it wasnt my fault (someone hit my car while I was in a stop light) and I was wearing tennis BTW...

I don't have any problems driving in heels -- in fact, I find that it's sometimes easier to drive in heels because I can rest the heel on the floor better and maneuver from brake to accelerator quickly without taking the heel off the floor.

I can't do it the heel gets in the way, i end up using my heel as a supported for the rest of my foot on the pedal... but yet I wear heels about 1% of the time.

I don't have any problems driving in heels, but I sometimes get concerned about the pressure on the heel of the shoe harming the shoe. But I don't take my shoes off to drive, so heels or flats and I am fine.

I think it depends on the type of car and the position of the pedals too. In my Jeep, the pedals are sorta under me, so to speak, and that makes maneuvering with heels easier. When I'm in the sports car, the pedals are more in front of me, and I have a problem with tall heels then. Usually, I just slip off the heels when I think I run the risk of either getting the heel stuck or delaying a brake reaction that might cause an accident. :shrugs: