How important is the box for proper bag storage? Help please...

It is unlikely that your boutique will give you another box unless someone else did not want their box as the box is made for the bag, that is one box one bag. I would keep your box, either in storage or ship it home. When I bought a B in Europe I bought one of those big but lightweight hard sided suitcases just for my box and checked it. Not the bag but just the box.The bag I carried. I am not as careful as glamourbag but I do like the original boxes for storage. Well, I like the boxes anyway. Like to see them in my closet. The orange makes me smile.

Just like a few of us...I have the "same" ritual".

- The selection of "which" bag I need..My Orange Box has "color" stickers on the exterior of the H Box to match the inside of the bag for easy selection.
- Pick up box..Open as IF I'm opening it for the FIRST TIME. "Smell" the aroma of the bag (whether it's Togo or Clemence)
- Unpack it all and put H Box aside for easy storage....and Enjoy Use!

- Oh Yes, ALL the Bags comes with a "matching" Longchamp XL Le Pliage folding tote...In case, it needs protection from Rain or going thru security @ the airport...

So...Keep the Box. Have a Ritual. It's so Therapeutic.

- The selection of "which" bag I need..My Orange Box has "color" stickers on the exterior of the H Box to match the inside of the bag for easy selection.
- Pick up box..Open as IF I'm opening it for the FIRST TIME. "Smell" the aroma of the bag (whether it's Togo or Clemence)

- Oh Yes, ALL the Bags comes with a "matching" Longchamp XL Le Pliage folding tote...In case, it needs protection from Rain or going thru security @ the airport...

You have taken it to the next level!!! Ut oh....Perhaps I need this too?! :cray::upsidedown:

I also store with everything in the box. I don't rotate sides, but now I'm wondering.... :thinking: And I like opening it that way like others have mentioned.

Thank you for your feedback, ladies! To clarify, we have storage here in Hawaii so if I don't ship it home I won't necessarily be forfeiting it - just leaving it until next year to decide then if I want to ship it home.

I am leaning towards storing the box here for the meantime and then deciding on our next trip whether to send it home. I may even see if my SA at home might be able to supply a box.

One question - are your references to the 'pillow' the paper pillows provided by Hermes, or some kind of custom item. My bag did not actually come with anything inside it for shaping, but they did package it in with many paper 'pillows' around it and around the Hermes box in the larger box for me to ship it back to Maui. Could I assume that Hermes supplied paper would be acid free? I realize that, especially if I don't have the box, I should be storing the bag with something inside it so that it retains its shape.

I have always read H won't provide you a box separate from the one the bag comes in.

Hermes Only, I am so glad you have this "ritual", too! What I would give to have to color code my Hermes bag boxes. (I only have one Birkin and am waiting on my first Kelly. When she arrives, I will be able to color code. :smile:) btw, I always enjoyed your posts. How are your sweet wire haired terriers?

Hermes Only, I am so glad you have this "ritual", too! What I would give to have to color code my Hermes bag boxes. (I only have one Birkin and am waiting on my first Kelly. When she arrives, I will be able to color code. :smile:) btw, I always enjoyed your posts. How are your sweet wire haired terriers?

LadyBG.. I'm so EXCITED for your First Kelly... Color coding is EASY, Just buy one of those stickers at your local "Office Supplies" store. Thank You for the compliments of my post.. My Wire Fox Terriers are great. Skipper got lost when he ran out of our house and still missing for a year, Gilligan is happy with US (We miss Skipper and have not given up hope) .. we added a new Terrier from a rescue named Oscar... I'll post pics sometime and I'll be planning a "post" sometime too:graucho:

You have taken it to the next level!!! Ut oh....Perhaps I need this too?! :cray::upsidedown:

I also store with everything in the box. I don't rotate sides, but now I'm wondering.... :thinking: And I like opening it that way like others have mentioned.

TIP:.. you can buy those Longchamps Le Pliage XL @ Longchamp OUTLET in NY (Phone order)...It's CHEAPER, so you can BUY more than 1...:graucho::roflmfao:

LadyBG.. I'm so EXCITED for your First Kelly... Color coding is EASY, Just buy one of those stickers at your local "Office Supplies" store. Thank You for the compliments of my post.. My Wire Fox Terriers are great. Skipper got lost when he ran out of our house and still missing for a year, Gilligan is happy with US (We miss Skipper and have not given up hope) .. we added a new Terrier from a rescue named Oscar... I'll post pics sometime and I'll be planning a "post" sometime too:graucho:

Sweet Skipper is on a field trip! He will surely have some wonderful tales to tell when he returns. (We had a wire haired years ago that would get out and run to Starbucks all of the time. Her name was Trixie Louise :biggrin:) Love that Oscar has found a happy home with you. Looking forward to "meeting" him in your reveal. Can't wait for your reveal, and thanks for the color coding tip! Hopefully, I will have something for "show and tell" soon.

Last edited:
Wish I had a box for Mme BBKELLY. Stores rarely have a pare box and are loath to give them out if they do. I'd hang onto that box...or send it to ME!

Thank you for your feedback, ladies! To clarify, we have storage here in Hawaii so if I don't ship it home I won't necessarily be forfeiting it - just leaving it until next year to decide then if I want to ship it home.

I am leaning towards storing the box here for the meantime and then deciding on our next trip whether to send it home. I may even see if my SA at home might be able to supply a box.

One question - are your references to the 'pillow' the paper pillows provided by Hermes, or some kind of custom item. My bag did not actually come with anything inside it for shaping, but they did package it in with many paper 'pillows' around it and around the Hermes box in the larger box for me to ship it back to Maui. Could I assume that Hermes supplied paper would be acid free? I realize that, especially if I don't have the box, I should be storing the bag with something inside it so that it retains its shape.

My former SA at Ala Moana once told me the cushioning inside the box is "made" for that particular bag from acid free tissue paper.

I would store the box and ship it home when you have time. I have shipped boxes home in the past and am glad I did. I keep my bags in the dust bag inside the box.

Add to that Miss "Anal" over here who puts her bag away after each use (unless on vacation) doing all the above with the addition of rotating the bag: one time sleeping on its back; next time on its front...too long on its back and can leave interior pocket imprints on its backside....I am crazy, I know...

Bem - However, while I have my boxes and their "accessories," at the end of the day it isn't CRITICAL to have the box. Just proper love and care for your bag will be fine...however, if you can, ship the box home...

Lol I never knew you were this nuts!! :ghi5:

i always knew it from day 1 :giggles::giggles:

she even takes off twillies after each use! (i keep mine on for weeks, months!)

love you M :smooch:

i always knew it from day 1 :giggles::giggles:

she even takes off twillies after each use! (i keep mine on for weeks, months!)

love you M :smooch:

OMG your right!!!! I have to get over this...I promise: as of now, I will keep them on...for a while...I wonder why I am like that!!??!!! Now that I look back...that is so weird!!!!! ...but the bag is going back into the box!!! hahaha:roflmfao: