How important is it that your bag "stands" ??

canadarocks

DeeDee B
Oct 18, 2008
The older I get, the pickier I get. Any bag, regardless of brand or price, MUST stand when placed on a surface. I've had too many experiences where the bag falls like an amoeba on the floor. Does anyone else share this pet peeve ??:P

I want some of my bags to stand when I put them down - like a satchel or a tote bag but I also like hobo bags that melt when you put them down because the leather is soft and smoochy. I wear the hobo bags more often as they are more my personality.

Yes! I've realized in the past year that I really need structured bags that maintain their shape when put down. I don't like it when the bags are so soft that they "melt" and then all my stuff tumbles around inside them. Structured bags keep the stuff in place, so I feel it's better for organization.

The older I get, the pickier I get. Any bag, regardless of brand or price, MUST stand when placed on a surface. I've had too many experiences where the bag falls like an amoeba on the floor. Does anyone else share this pet peeve ??:P
I wouldn't know as all my bags are hobos but I would be up for references. I'd love to see comfortable structured bags that everyone likes. I always look at the hobo as the most carefree and easiest bag to carry but I am itching to get a style that is different.

I love both styles.... But lean mostly towards structured ones.

That saying, I have some real smoochy bags that I love tremendously and don't mind if they collapse in a heap.

No, I don't have that requirement, especially since I now use the Purse-to-Go organizers, which are lifesavers that are extremely structured and keep almost all of my stuff sticking up and visible. The really smooshy ones would somewhat mold to the organizer and stand up that way too.

Yes, my bag must remain upright when I set it down. If it doesn't, it's a deal breaker for me regardless of brand or price. It would drive me completely crazy (which isn't a far drive at this point!).

I don't like a bag that puddles. I once had a bag that leaned, and it drove me crazy. I found I didn't want to carry it because of that issue. So now I'm even more particular about the structure of a bag before I buy it.