How important is a bandeau for the handle of a pochette Metis?

I'm tossing up whether to get a bandeau for the PM. I don't like my vachetta darker so this might help, but then the tab would be a different colour if I ever removed it. And that will drive me crazy! I'm also concerned about colour transfer from the bandeau generally and if any liquid is spilled on it. The one I'm looking at is red as pictured. That said I'm constantly terrified about spilling something on the handle so I really don't know what to do.

If you have a PM do you have a bandeau on the handle? Why/why not? Should I get one or not??? Help!!
IMG_1491463268.962898.jpg

Hi.. I personally feel natural tan on the handle will add character to the bag. I was told by my SA that clients usually ask them if LV can actually tan it themselves before selling .. but yes you did say you dont like it dark so you might want to avoid using it without bandeau because it will turn dark with use. i recently bought PM and use it as is. I do baby my other light coloured bags but at the same time I want to feel the bag as is and not miss the feel of their quality esp after paying such huge price.. Funny that such huge price makes us baby bags too.. ( I use same logic with iphone for not using phone case even after dropping it multiple times :P)

Not sure if this is of any help sorry.

I'm tossing up whether to get a bandeau for the PM. I don't like my vachetta darker so this might help, but then the tab would be a different colour if I ever removed it. And that will drive me crazy! I'm also concerned about colour transfer from the bandeau generally and if any liquid is spilled on it. The one I'm looking at is red as pictured. That said I'm constantly terrified about spilling something on the handle so I really don't know what to do.

If you have a PM do you have a bandeau on the handle? Why/why not? Should I get one or not??? Help!!
View attachment 3658427
It seems that you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't in this case. Unless you plan to carry the PM by the handle then it will take quite some time for the leather to darken and even then, due to the lack of body salts and oils, it will not be blackish but instead a lovely light to medium honey. There is another thread around here called the "patina champ method" that would be worth looking at too if you're interested. The OP has treated her bags and as a result they seem immune to any water marks or signs of soiling.

Reactions: lizandotis
I would leave the handle alone because you will touch it very rarely. What accelerates the tanning of untreated leather is, in part, repeated contact with skin (that's why Speedy handles get very dark).

Reactions: Bichita
I would leave the handle alone because you will touch it very rarely. What accelerates the tanning of untreated leather is, in part, repeated contact with skin (that's why Speedy handles get very dark).

That was my initial thought but after carrying it for one day I got splashed with water at the shops. I managed to get it out of the handled but omfg I nearly had a heart attack! So now I'm wondering whether to wrap it or not.

If the handle didn't stain I wouldn't wrap it but it's such a feature I feel like I need to protect it!

In two minds still about whether to wrap it or not.

That was my initial thought but after carrying it for one day I got splashed with water at the shops. I managed to get it out of the handled but omfg I nearly had a heart attack! So now I'm wondering whether to wrap it or not.

If the handle didn't stain I wouldn't wrap it but it's such a feature I feel like I need to protect it!

In two minds still about whether to wrap it or not.
I like how untreated leather gets a nice patina overtime, so I don't share your worries.

If I had one, I would probably put a bandeau on it. I grab my bags by their handles quite often, if it I wear it cross body. (for example, speedy b)