How i wash my BV bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello! :wave:
    I've said it so many times, but never posted anything, and it's time to correct this :smile:
    I wore my Vesuvio Pillow (aka Nodini) and it picked up some dust/dirt, and when i pulled it out today again, i realized it needs a bath and i finally got all at one place: me, the bag and my camera :biggrin:
    so, here is how it looked before

Attached Files:

2. i didn't find my white cotton glove which i usually use, but it's not principal, i just took a clean cotton rag, soaked it, squeezed a bit and rubbed it at the bar of neutral soap to make a bit of foam

Attached Files:

3. and then i gently rubbed the bag in all directions
    you can see a bot if foam traces in the corners

Attached Files:

4. rinsed the cloth, rubbed the soap again and with quick rough moves i cleaned the surface of the bag holding it above the sink, when the cloth is beneath the bag the leather does not get drenched, it picks up the foam off the cloth and get a tad damp, but not WET, hope it makes sense
    on the second photo you can see how i hold the bag, just had to put the cloth down in the sink to take a quick snap :smile:

Attached Files:

5. then i put the bag aside and quickly rinse the cloth, squeeze it well, and with a clean cloth i collect the remaining of the foam and again rinse the cloth and finish the wash with gentle wiping moves. Make sure no foam is left at the corners. After this bag might look relatively wet, but it's only at the top layer of the leather

Attached Files:

6. once finished, i wrap it with a clean towl and leave to dry

Attached Files:

7. checking it 5-10 mins later, almost dry
    here i am taking a bit of leather conditioner in my hands and massage it into the leather, same like you do you handcream over your palms

Attached Files:

8. leave it hanging on a door knob to dry fully

Attached Files:

9. enjoy the result!

Attached Files:

RTone, jbags07, TIFFANI251 and 7 others like this.
  10. thank you for the step by step and photos. the results look great.

ksuromax likes this.
  11. What a great result! Thank you so much for taking the time for the photo tutorial.

I’m curious if you noticed any excess dye rubbing off onto your cleaning cloth during the foamy step. I would sort of expect that to happen with reds and blues, in particular (but that might be just based on my recent experience with hand-dyed yarns and might not be what happens with leather).

frenziedhandbag likes this.
  12. Thanks for sharing, ksuromax - looks amazing!!!

E x

ksuromax likes this.
  13. that is exactly why i got the white glove for the very first time i was washing the red Pillow - to see if it bleeds.
    NOTHING
    Not a single spot! it was greyish (soap? dirt?), but no pink hue whatsoever

14. Thank you for posting this tutorial! I cleaned mine with q-tips, weave by weave, which took for ever! I was too afraid to mess it up. If I need to clean to again in the future, I'll try your method! Your bag looks amazing! Like new!!!

ksuromax likes this.
  15. Amazing results! I hope never to try it on my China Red pillow but you just never know. At least, I have this valuable thread to reference to. Thank you for sharing!

ksuromax likes this.