How I saved my nightingale

sukidoo

O.G.
Aug 17, 2010
Dear TPFers,

I'd like to share my story about how I almost ruined my nightingale. But there is a happy ending to this.

So, I was excited to use my brand new gale today which by the way is dove gray in color. It's similar to beige. After a few hours, I noticed that there was a bluish hue on one of the panels on one side. I was petrified. I thought it was just the light causing the bluish hue but NOOOO. It was color transfer from my jeans!!! It was obvious. I was so worried. I couldn't wait to log on this forum to search for threads on how to fix this problem. Fortunately, I remembered from one of my readings that baby wipes are effective and gentle in cleaning leather bags. So I tried it. And lo and behold, it is INDEED effective! I repeatedly wiped the stains. The leather became wet but once dry, it showed that the stains became lighter. So I wiped a couple of times until it all disappeared! I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was the color transfer gone, but the leather was not damaged! I am so happy! Thank God for good ol' baby wipes! What a lifesaver! And it didn't cost me anything.

I'd like to end by saying that I hope my story will be able to help others with similar problems. :smile::smile::smile:

I've had some color transfer on my hazel pandora for quite a while. Wasn't too worried about it, but when I read your post yesterday I took some baby wipes to it and voila! It completely worked! Thanks!

Dear TPFers,

I'd like to share my story about how I almost ruined my nightingale. But there is a happy ending to this.

So, I was excited to use my brand new gale today which by the way is dove gray in color. It's similar to beige. After a few hours, I noticed that there was a bluish hue on one of the panels on one side. I was petrified. I thought it was just the light causing the bluish hue but NOOOO. It was color transfer from my jeans!!! It was obvious. I was so worried. I couldn't wait to log on this forum to search for threads on how to fix this problem. Fortunately, I remembered from one of my readings that baby wipes are effective and gentle in cleaning leather bags. So I tried it. And lo and behold, it is INDEED effective! I repeatedly wiped the stains. The leather became wet but once dry, it showed that the stains became lighter. So I wiped a couple of times until it all disappeared! I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was the color transfer gone, but the leather was not damaged! I am so happy! Thank God for good ol' baby wipes! What a lifesaver! And it didn't cost me anything.

I'd like to end by saying that I hope my story will be able to help others with similar problems. :smile::smile::smile: